Accent and diction? How will that lead to a career?
July 6, 2011 9:31 AM Subscribe
"America?" he says. "I'll tell you about America.
posted by Naberius (90 comments total)
29 users marked this as a favorite
America is not all honey and roses the way they tell you. Truth is, 90 percent of the people there, you will find, they'll do the most stupid things, impulsive things. I know for a fact. At the same time, Americans are bighearted people, and the remaining 10 percent of them are smart. Bloody smart. That's why they rule the world."
An American spends a summer at an Indian call center, learning how Indians are taught to submerge their Indian-ness to infiltrate western culture, about the illusions their contact with foreigners can dispel, and about the ambivalence of being on the receiving end of global outsourcing in a booming economy.