Pick a card. Any card.
August 20, 2011 8:07 AM Subscribe
The Berglas Effect
posted by Mitheral (107 comments total)
30 users marked this as a favorite
aka The Holy Grail of Card Magic or Any Card at Any Number (ACAAN) and named after its inventor David Berglas is a very simple magic card trick that Berglas claims only two people know.
- David or Marc Paul, his apprentice, display a regular shuffled deck of cards to the audience and three participants. Sometimes the deck is borrowed from the audience.
- The deck is then handed to the first participant for safe keeping.
- The second participant and third participant are asked to think of a playing card and a number between one and fifty-two respectively.
- The second participant is asked for their card and the third participant is asked for their number.
- The first participant is then asked to deal out the third participant's number of cards.
The final card is revealed to be that picked by the second participant. Berglas hasn't touched the deck since he handed it over for safe keeping and claims that the deck is random and the participants are not working for him.