Skip

Swazi king unable to follow own directive.
October 5, 2001 10:58 PM   Subscribe

Swazi king unable to follow own directive. For all of you who thought I was being insensitive about poking fun at this particular law when it first posted last week. ;-D
posted by DarkWood (4 comments total)

I'm sorry, I just had to post this after being picked on for "projecting my own cultural views on other societies." I said it before and I'll say it again, "People are STILL having sex." I really don't think it is believable, anywhere, to expect people to stop having sex just because you make it a law, or even if you ask really, really nicely as we do in America. Oh well.
posted by DarkWood at 11:22 PM on October 5, 2001

hell, fine him two cows!
posted by mcsweetie at 11:42 PM on October 5, 2001

Okay, okay, I'll say it...

"It's good ta be da king!"
posted by Optamystic at 11:56 PM on October 5, 2001

"People are STILL having sex."

If people can stop having sex for purely religious reasons they can also do it for social and economic (cows) reasons. I don't think anyone thought this law was going to be a smashing success but it might have some effect. That effect might even be taking sex underground to already infected prostitutes and making things worse.

Do leaders and lawmakers ever follow the law like their subjects are expected to? This isn't even ironic its practically expected.
posted by skallas at 11:03 AM on October 6, 2001

« Older Keef Makes Films.   |   What does it mean to be "Arab-looking"? Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments