- later -
May will propose five new measures that still give police very wide powers:
• A "criminal behaviour order" that could, for instance, see someone who is convicted of being drunk and disorderly banned from a town centre for two years.
• A civil "crime prevention injunction" which could be obtained within "hours rather than months".
• Court orders to close a property where there has been persistent disorder.
• Fines for people who have been a persistent nuisance and harmed the quality of life in an area.
• A "direction to leave" which will see any individual causing or likely to cause crime directed away from a particular place and "related items" confiscated.
« Older The Guardian reinterprets the Three Little Pigs.... | Bill Simmons of ESPN and Grant... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt