Forty thousand people gathered in Oslo today to sing My Rainbow Race by Pete Seeger, with Norwegian folk singer Lillebjørn Nilsen, who made the song famous in Norway in the 70s, leading the song both in Norwegian and English. Terrorist Anders Behring Breivik criticized the song during his trial last week which inspired the series of mass singing events today all over Norway. Here are videos from parallel events in Bergen, Trondheim, Kristiansand and Sarpsborg
Breivik was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia by the court-appointed psychiatrists. According to their report, Breivik acted compulsively based on a delusional thought universe. Among other things, he alluded to himself as a future regent of Norway pending a takeover by a Templar-like organization. Imagining himself as regent, his ideas included organizing Norwegians in reservations and using them in breeding projects. Other psychiatrists disagree that he is psychotic or schizophrenic, and on 13 January 2012, after much public pressure, the Oslo district court ordered a second expert panel to evaluate Breivik's mental state. On 10 April 2012 the second psychiatric evaluation was published with the conclusion that Breivik was not psychotic during the attacks and he was not psychotic during their evaluation; rather he is an extreme narcissist. (W)
Skeptic :I think you should look up the meaning of "psychotic". It doesn't mean psychopathic, or evil. It's a serious disservice to mentally ill people to compare them with the morally sick such as Breivik.
psy·chot·ic [sahy-kot-ik] Show IPA
1. Psychiatry . characterized by or afflicted with psychosis*. Synonyms: (in nontechnical usage) insane, psychopathic, lunatic, mentally ill; mad, disturbed, deranged, demented, non compos mentis. Antonyms: sane; compos mentis, clearheaded, lucid.
psy·chop·a·thy [sahy-kop-uh-thee] Show IPA
noun, plural psy·chop·a·thies. Psychiatry .
1. a mental disorder in which an individual manifests amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.
2. any mental disease.
* psy·cho·sis [sahy-koh-sis] Show IPA
noun, plural psy·cho·ses [-seez] Show IPA. Psychiatry .
1. a mental disorder characterized by symptoms, such as delusions or hallucinations, that indicate impaired contact with reality.
2. any severe form of mental disorder, as schizophrenia or paranoia.
"Organised, written and produced within three months of the killings, On Utøya is a challenge to anyone who would seek to portray this event as anything other than it is – a violent mass assassination, directed against the left, to terrorise people into silence and submission to a far-right agenda."
« Older Aerial is a site-specific installation at the Abbe... | Amos Vogel, the founder of the... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt