1. It's better for founders and employees to say they were acquired than to say they were poached. Even though it might be financial "worse" for founders/employees than a straight defection.
2. It's better for investors because they get something rather than nothing (i.e. if a company goes bust or everyone quits), and in such a small tight network of investors it's good to keep investors happy (even for buyers, who will undoubtably source deals from these investors again)
3. Tax benefits: capital gains rather than income taxes, which might alleviate lost revenue to employees/founders in point 1.
1. Value of a "team" versus individual employees; most of the sales/marketing/support team is chaff to the acquirer.
2. Non-compete/other contractual obligations (most of this happens in California, which generally does not look kindly on work restrictions)
3. Potentially valuable IP
Trada is the world’s first and only crowdsourced PPC services marketplace, where a community of more than 2,000 paid search experts – Optimizers – work on your campaign and are paid on their performance. Here’s how it works:
1. Set up your PPC campaign in the Trada Marketplace.
Trada’s account managers will help you establish the parameters for your campaign: daily budget, maximum cost-per-click, ad network serving, target cost per conversion, etc. Remember, you can advertise on Google and Yahoo/Bing at the same time—with no extra effort!
2. Trada’s paid search experts join your campaign.
Our Optimizers will receive an alert about your campaign and decide if they’d like to join. Right away, they begin generating ad groups, highly targeted keywords and attention-grabbing ads.
3. Your campaign begins running on Google and Yahoo/Bing.
Trada aggregates the ad groups, keywords and ads created by our Optimizers and sends them to Google and Yahoo/Bing accounts we’ve created for you, where they begin running. After the campaign launches, you’ll have the ability to review all keywords and ads to make sure they accurately represent your business goals and objectives. You’ll always have complete control and total visibility.
4. You get clicks and conversions; our paid search experts earn money.
Once your campaign is running, you’ll start generating clicks and conversions on your campaign. When Optimizers get clicks or conversions for less than your stated target price, they keep the difference.
It’s that simple!
« Older Her name was Wu Zetian, and in the seventh century... | Staggering Beauty.... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt