"The multi media campaign is targeted at young people and those who work or interact with them. It is designed to:- Improve understanding of issues concerning consent to sexThe messages pose these questions:
- Encourage individuals to respond to sexual violence in a manner appropriate to the situation
- Empower people to help others
- Encourage community discussion on sexual violence prevention.- What if we looked after each other?Being an ethical bystander is all about doing little things, long before the point of harm is reached. It’s not about being a hero or putting yourself at risk, but it is about preventing sexual violence. An estimated 1 in 4 women and 1 in 20 men in New Zealand will be victims of a sexual assault at some point in their lives. Sexual violence can often be prevented if someone does something – however small. Offenders are most often known to the victim – and the events leading up to the assault are often witnessed by others. Most of us want to help if we are in an unsafe situation – but we often aren’t sure how to step in and help others."
- What if we became ‘ethical’ bystanders?
- What if we took action that could help keep others safe?
« Older Stop Making Fun of Leaked Washington Post Blogger... | About a week ago a series of t... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments