The buzzer sounds, and the curtains rise; one, two, three, let us begin!
August 16, 2013 2:10 PM Subscribe
Hitoshizuku x Yama (or Yamashizuku) are producers for vocaloid, a singing voice synthesizer program (previously on mefi). Their most recent compilation album, EndlessroLL, is available on Amazon and iTunes. They seem most fond of Kagamine Rin/Len, but have also released songs featuring other vocaloids. Suzunosuke often does the artwork for their videos. Examples of their works below. Warnings for: singing robots, high-pitched Japanese voices, catchy tunes, English subtitles, occasional violence, death, melancholy, some mildly NSFW content, and more than a dollop of drama.
- Bad∞End∞Night / Crazy∞nighT / Twilight ∞ nighT - a villager is trapped in a mansion with a bunch of nuts! Can she find the key to survival, or can this only be a Bad End Night? Features the Vocaloid Eight - i.e., all 6 Crypton vocaloids + Gumi & Gakupo. TO BE CONTINUED.
- Alluring Secret ~Black Vow~ - An angel falls in love with a human girl, which is forbidden. But she has a plan.
- Soundless Voice / Proof of Life / Endless Wedge. A girl wants to leave something good behind. A boy grieves.
- Trickery⇔Casino - It's Showtime!
- Magic Mirror - A lonely child meets a boy in a mirror. Can their friendship last forever?
- Straying Rhapsody (feat. Lily, Gumi, Gakupo) - Being a teenager sucks.
- The Wolf That Fell in Love with Little Red Riding Hood - She's so adorable, he could eat her right up.
- Karakuri Burst - Insane blood-thirsty Nazi vs. insane blood-thirsty assassin. This is a pretty amazing rock tune, but is also controversial/objectionable. It has a swastika in the title and, well, insane Nazi. The song and illustrations aren't low-key, though they're not super-explicit, either. Please click warily.
- Rain Dream Tower (feat. Miku, Rin) - They vowed to be friends forever. That was naive, wasn't it?
- Heaven & Hell - Well, what's your choice? They don't have all day.
- Dream of a Miniature Garden (feat. IA) - You've gone beyond a dark dream.
- Synchronicity - based on a web novel about twins separated at birth, dragons, and singing divas. You can find the translation of the first few chapters here. Fans waited several years for the end to this song cycle.
- Magic Hands - Len says "thank you" to his artists.
- I've linked a bunch of favorites, but obviously this isn't their entire discogrophy, or all versions of their videos. I didn't even include some direct prequels/sequels/songs from other character's POVs. You can find more in the album links above, on Hitoshizuku-P and Yama's MyLists, in their wiki articles: Hitoshizuku-P, Yama, and by searching for "Hitoshizuku" on Youtube (tack "eng sub" or "english sub" on for translated videos).
- You can find more artwork and videos that Sanosuke has provided illustrations for by checking her page on the wiki (linked above) and her Pixiv.
- As a Kagamine Rin/Len birthday tribute, some talented fans whipped up an amazing animated video based on three of their most famous tragedies (one of which was Soundless Voice / Proof of Life).
- While none of Hitoshizuku x Yama's works have been featured in official live concerts, Nico Nico Douga did hold their own unofficial concert. Bad End Night was one of the songs.
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments