Dr. Malhotra makes some good points.
I've summarized quotes from his lecture (not the entire 15 points) here:
1. Think about who you are and what you want do to in your life. Pick the right choice
2. What is not negotiable today may be negotiable tomorrow.
3. Stay engaged.
4. The Mike Tyson allusion: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"
5. Get the why they're asking what they are asking.
6. If they make an ultimatum, generally speaking, (you can) ignore it.
7. There is no right answer to every situation -The Star Trek Captain trial allusion where the answer is Yes...provided that, considering this...
8. These people like you but you are not their only concern.
9. Negotiating w/ your future boss is not the same as negotiating with HR "adapt-to-each".
10. Don't be in a mad rush to get offers
11. Tell the truth. Resist the temptation to tell even a small lie.
« Older A new film has been released... | Last week the NPR Ombudsman ma... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt