Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
December 19, 2013 9:18 AM Subscribe
Why is there Poverty
posted by Potomac Avenue (5 comments total)
26 users marked this as a favorite
? An Animated History
. From WhyPoverty.net
The film mentions, in discussing the origins of poverty, the Greek play Plutus, by Aristophanes
, the first time
someone advanced the idea that poverty was necessary
More films addressing income inequality and human rights
from WhyPoverty.net, a resource for understanding poverty in EVERY nation
Give Us The Money
- The limitations and new more effective methods of charity, starring Bono and Bob Geldof
) - How the rich are getting richer and many are using their wealth to ensure it stays this way by funding political campaigns and lobby groups to rig the rules in their favour.
-- How do you feed the world?
- How the tax system employed by multinational companies in Africa benefits Europeans only
A Beggar's Loan
- how microfinance can transform a single person's life
- China's lucrative education system
- Are women better at getting out of poverty than men?
And here's their collection of short films
Welcome to the World
- how poverty affects childbirth, childhood and everything beyond.
Hunger for Profit
- Why are crops the best performing investments?
Love and Rubbish
- a look at the lives of a group of children living on a rubbish dump outside Moscow
The Car's Got to Go
- What would you do if someone knocked on your door and said they'd come to take away your car?
- Life in Kenya is difficult, but through the marvels of urban farming and the creative use of an old sack, Morris is able to feed his family all year round.
From the makers of WhyDemocracy.net. (previously)