Join 3,572 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Do Something Real
January 17, 2014 12:07 AM   Subscribe

Atlanta rapper Killer Mike's relationship with Williams Street, producers of [adult swim], led to a series of promos for the late-night television programming in which he dispenses his wisdom: posted by ob1quixote (14 comments total) 20 users marked this as a favorite

Bonus [adult swim] Promo Videos
Aqua Teen Hunger Force [1:01]
Eagleheart [1:02]
Rick & Morty [1:23]
posted by ob1quixote at 12:08 AM on January 17 [1 favorite]

Killer Mike has pretty much become my favorite person on the planet since I first heard RAP Music a year and a half ago. And he keeps popping up everywhere. For no real reason that I can discern, he just released a new video off that 2012 album a couple days ago - Ghetto Gospel.
posted by mannequito at 12:16 AM on January 17 [5 favorites]

Can't watch tellie for five seconds without seeing that gibbering hooligan...
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 12:32 AM on January 17 [2 favorites]

I saw Run the Jewels with Kool A.D. and Despot when they were on tour and it was really great, I had a ton of fun.
posted by gucci mane at 12:45 AM on January 17

He also voiced a character on Frisky Dingo, the previous show from Adam Reed and Matt Thompson (currently of Archer fame).
posted by edeezy at 1:26 AM on January 17 [5 favorites]

Killer Mike was also Taqu'il on Frisky Dingo.

If you like archer, you should watch Frisky Dingo.
Its the fucking Ulysses of the adult swim format.
posted by lkc at 1:27 AM on January 17 [8 favorites]

I caught Killer Mike and El-P this past summer during the Run the Jewels tour (with bad ass Mr. MFN eXquire) and he made me remember why I love hip hop. In addition to having killer mic skills and a penchant for referencing my favorite spot in ATL (Magic City, son), he's just a great, great dude. We need much, much more Killer Mike and much, much less Kanye/Jay-Z.
posted by playertobenamedlater at 5:13 AM on January 17 [2 favorites]

I think we need both.
posted by box at 6:58 AM on January 17 [4 favorites]

"Reagan" by Killer Mike; one of his best.
posted by Renoroc at 8:40 AM on January 17 [5 favorites]

Well those were some nice videos.
posted by cashman at 8:55 AM on January 17 [1 favorite]

Killer Mike and El-P chat about wrestlers, God, camping and puppy love.
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 10:01 AM on January 17 [2 favorites]

I've already made one FPP today, so I feel weird making another, so this video for dancehall artist Busy Signal's 'All in One,' where he rhymes over '90s hip-hop instrumentals and hangs out with Ugandan bikers? I'll just leave it here (via LargeUp).
posted by box at 10:02 AM on January 17 [1 favorite]

I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II is an amazing album. Killer Mike is great. Lately he gets lots of props for the work he did with El-P, but his earlier work where he blends social conscious lines with coke rap is kinda awesome.
posted by yeahwhatever at 4:57 PM on January 17 [1 favorite]

No love for Sealab 2021?

Shanks: Oh--I forgot to mention: Happy Funtime Island is home to the world's largest population of tree cobras.
Quinn: Happy Funtime?! Who the hell named this place?!
Shanks: ...Rambo.
posted by ostranenie at 5:45 PM on January 17

« Older Pentagon papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg held a Redd...   |   A video showing a chain of bea... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments