I'll Have What La Signorina's Having:
January 12, 2002 3:04 PM   Subscribe

I'll Have What La Signorina's Having: Recipes from the movies, sweet aphrodisiacs and other secrets from a charming and informative Italian web site. So mangia, mangia, che ti fa bene! ("Eat up, eat up, it's good for you!")
posted by MiguelCardoso (8 comments total)

I didn't see a Royale with cheese (though the Cheeseburger De Luxe from Erin Brockovich is close), so it appears the recipes are out of my league.

On the other hand, if I could substitute jam for caviar, I could probably handle this one.
posted by mr_crash_davis at 3:29 PM on January 12, 2002

Someday, I will make a timpano.
posted by dogwelder at 3:51 PM on January 12, 2002

I love that site.Thanks very much.
posted by Fat Buddha at 3:53 PM on January 12, 2002

That dried fruit salad is marinating in the refrigerator right now! Thanks Miguel...
posted by Mack Twain at 4:16 PM on January 12, 2002

hmm, no recipes from Alive...
posted by machaus at 5:49 PM on January 12, 2002

Thank you, Miguel.
posted by gd779 at 6:41 PM on January 12, 2002

Aphrodisiacs? Last I heard there wasn't any such thing. Sure, there are drugs that heighten sensitivity and make all sorts of activities more enjoyable, but something that universally makes people horny is a myth.

I do like the lore, recipies, etc as it just seems to be a pre-sex ritual. If you and your date are knowingly going to order or make an aphrodisiac then you know you're probably going to get laid that night. Its the delicious way of saying, "Lets get it on."
posted by skallas at 6:57 PM on January 12, 2002

Thank god for Marvin Gaye and skallas. I'm going to make grilled cheese sandwiches in the buff with an apron and a smile. Bread, butter and cheese, baby... if it's made with love, it's gotta be good. Period.
posted by G_Ask at 8:31 PM on January 12, 2002

« Older Poor Prince Harry...  |  The new TV show, The Chamber... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments