• Columns and Commentary: The New Yorker's "Shark Week," "Difficult Women," and "Private Practice," by Emily Nussbaum (previously)Also, the Magazine Section award was won by newcomer Modern Farmer, which its editor-in-chief jokingly called "the farming magazine for media professionals" (previously, previously, et al.).
• Essays and Criticism: The New Yorker's "Thanksgiving in Mongolia," by Ariel Levy (previously)
• Feature Photography: W's "Stranger Than Paradise," Tilda Swinton photographed by Tim Walker
• Feature Writing: The New Yorker's "A Loaded Gun" by Patrick Radden Keefe
• Fiction: The New Yorker's "The Embassy of Cambodia," by Zadie Smith
• Multimedia: National Geographic's "The Last Chase," by Robert Draper
• Public Interest: TIME's "Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us," by Steven Brill [subscription required]
• Reporting: The New York Times' "The Dream Boat," by Luke Mogelson, photographs by Joel van Houdt (previously)
• Video: Glamour's "Confronting Cancer: BRCA1 & BRCA2 Gene Mutations," "Recovery: Meds. And Love," and "Life Post-Surgery: Back on Stage," from its "Screw You Cancer" series.
« Older Steadfast Stanley the Pembroke Welsh Corgi is left... | Conservative bon vivant Michae... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments