“I have trust issues, but it’s something I’m working on.”
October 6, 2015 11:29 AM   Subscribe

Felines of New York, inspired by Humans of New York, will show you what authentic cats are really thinking.

For some of the top posts, go here.

The creator of the blog, Jim Tews: It’s funny to think about trying to get a touching, human story from a cat.

Humans of New York previously, previously, previously , previously
posted by glaucon (21 comments total) 26 users marked this as a favorite
 
felinesofnewyork.com is one of the strangest sites I've seen in some time. I have no idea how these people got their cats wedged into their New York, or why.
posted by radwolf76 at 11:44 AM on October 6, 2015 [4 favorites]


Yeah, I think "You don't get it" pretty much sums up what our cat is thinking 95% of the time. The other 5% is worth it, though.
posted by Huck500 at 11:50 AM on October 6, 2015 [3 favorites]


Christ, what an a -- wait, wrong New Yorkers.
posted by delfin at 11:57 AM on October 6, 2015


“The one thing I want is just out of reach.”

“What’s the one thing you want?”

“That toy.”

“Why don’t you just move forward a little and grab it.”

“You don’t get it.”

- Mr. Bojangles, Astoria
posted by numaner at 12:03 PM on October 6, 2015 [22 favorites]




Yeah, that Mr. Bojangles was so right...

Also - Lizard People of NY is also a good parody.
posted by symbioid at 12:44 PM on October 6, 2015 [1 favorite]


Or... maybe not. Maybe just a few things that friends have posted were good. Most of those aren't.
posted by symbioid at 12:46 PM on October 6, 2015


Still love Millennials of New York. Each one is a perfect gem.
posted by crazy with stars at 1:11 PM on October 6, 2015


New Yorkers of New York?
posted by clawsoon at 1:13 PM on October 6, 2015 [1 favorite]


I'm pretty sure that even in New York cats are either thinking about eating, thinking about sleeping, thinking about knocking shit over, and, mostly, thinking about killing things.
posted by maxsparber at 1:52 PM on October 6, 2015


I hear you, Mr. Bojangles.
posted by maryr at 2:42 PM on October 6, 2015


Still love Millennials of New York. Each one is a perfect gem.

I still say this one is significantly more poignant and legitimately funny than any of the other HONY parodies so far.
posted by emptythought at 2:53 PM on October 6, 2015


I love Felines of New York. This one is my favourite:

“I’m really looking forward to the Summer, I want to get out of the city and hit the beach for a few days.”
“Do you like the water?”
“No, I won’t go near the water. I’ll just stay on the litter box part.”
- Kit
posted by carolr at 4:08 PM on October 6, 2015 [3 favorites]


This is pretty funny, but it's no Orcs Of New York
posted by lumpenprole at 4:43 PM on October 6, 2015


“Both my parents were feral and now I live inside. I think that’s all they wanted, they wanted me to have it better. To know the feel of carpet, and to shit in a box.”

Me too friend, me too.
posted by mrgoat at 5:06 PM on October 6, 2015 [4 favorites]


“I had a record deal with Interscope in the nineties.”

HAhahaHA!
posted by computech_apolloniajames at 5:43 PM on October 6, 2015 [1 favorite]


Hey! Cool! I commented on the rap kitty one! And I never comment on mass fb posts like that.
posted by sio42 at 6:09 PM on October 6, 2015


picture of a cat and a dog in adjoining beds.

“We’re really taking the time to figure each other out, and it’s going great. We realized, ultimately, we both want the same thing.”

“What’s that?”

“People food.”

- Jooney, Harlem

posted by kitten magic at 7:55 PM on October 6, 2015 [2 favorites]




wait ok now I wanna see Millenial Cats of New York
posted by numaner at 12:02 PM on October 7, 2015


“You have to remind yourself of who you are every so ofte

“Is that why you have a pillow with your face on it?”

“No, but it helps.”
It does help.
posted by maryr at 2:09 PM on October 7, 2015


« Older "I am healthy, and I have a plan to stay that way...   |   You're really huge now, Knut Newer »


This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments