Make and share your own Mega Man levels!
July 15, 2017 5:50 AM   Subscribe

The just-released (and unfortunately Windows-only) Mega Maker allows players to use a simple interface to build and share Mega Man levels using selected assets from the original games. There's a trailer here and you might want to read this interview with the creator about his process, comparisons to Mario Maker, and why he's not concerned about the possibility of a DMCA takedown.

I'm definitely hoping to see some folks posting their level IDs here.
posted by Pope Guilty (10 comments total) 11 users marked this as a favorite

I, uh, should've mentioned that this is free and not a commercial product in any way.
posted by Pope Guilty at 6:02 AM on July 15 [1 favorite]

Thank you! I had no idea this was a thing; I'll definitely post levels here once I've played around with it!
posted by elsilnora at 7:17 AM on July 15

A shame it's Windows only or I'd be all over it.
posted by Fish Sauce at 8:24 AM on July 15 [1 favorite]

This is so cool! I really hope Capcom's lawyers don't decide it needs to be C&D'd.
posted by Doleful Creature at 9:11 AM on July 15 [1 favorite]

Redditors report some success, some failure in wine.
posted by Pope Guilty at 11:37 AM on July 15

I have to say, it would be neat if you could modify robot master behaviors. Maybe using blockly or something.
posted by pwnguin at 3:11 PM on July 15

My kid was so excited about this he woke up early today. He was able to get it working fine on my Mac with Wine.
posted by lisa g at 3:57 PM on July 15 [1 favorite]

I'm given to understand that Mega Maker is basically a UI and map sharer for Mega Engine, which is far more powerful but also harder to use. That might be a way to go if you want more control.
posted by Pope Guilty at 4:42 PM on July 15 [1 favorite]

I just came in here to say that this is an excellent post. And also, Mega Man 2 is one of the greatest games of all time.
posted by Fizz at 4:54 PM on July 15 [1 favorite]

I made a level called Nova Akropola. The ID is 24482.
posted by Pope Guilty at 9:49 AM on July 17

« Older Infolk Wars   |   Maryam Mirzakhani, 1977-2017 Newer »

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.