Join 3,557 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Tags:

Gittin' Dirty, Nasssssty
July 29, 2003 6:05 AM   Subscribe

"My influences come from China; my style comes from Africa, Egypt, Tokyo, and Russia, with love; and the rest comes from Neptune." A chat with the artist formerly know as Ol' Dirty Bastard.
posted by Dr_Octavius (8 comments total)

This is gonna sound shallow, but what happened to the guy? He used to be so.....thin?
Now he's scaring me.

Still, excellent emcee.
posted by Sijeka at 6:22 AM on July 29, 2003

"How bout some love?! I pray to GOD that none of you skinny ass crackers find yourself on the inside. ODB has been through some shit. You fucks are fucks."

~anonymous
posted by Witty at 6:23 AM on July 29, 2003

My bad.

It's just that i was, uh, surprised.
posted by Sijeka at 6:27 AM on July 29, 2003

"“Girls with honey dripping from your ass/ Arms with the funk of smoking grass/ You notice me down the block, I’m that good/ So do your people in your neighborhood/ The way you walk, your period is yummy/ The diamonds in my mouth I eat are gummy.” "

WOO-AH! It's as hardcore as Lil Kim 'Don't want d*ck tonight, eat my p**sy right'.

I'm not quite sure his music will live up to my expectations tho', because i tend to think the future of HH is organic, instrumental, and not over produced and computerized.
posted by Sijeka at 6:33 AM on July 29, 2003

The history of our times calls to mind those Walt Disney characters who rush madly over the edge of a cliff without seeing it, so that the power of their imagination keeps them suspended in mid-air; but as soon as they look down and see where they are, they fall.

He had better enjoy his publicly funded midair suspension while he can.......

Isn't he just 100% self-indulgent?
posted by kenaman at 6:51 AM on July 29, 2003

"The history of our times calls to mind those Walt Disney characters who rush madly over the edge of a cliff without seeing it, so that the power of their imagination keeps them suspended in mid-air; but as soon as they look down and see where they are, they fall."

Please tell me more about this, that's beautiful.

Dirty does look fat though. Dirty is a party. He's the guy at a club or party that usually a dance floor forms a circle for even though he isn't dancing that good. He's got so much character that people can only give him room. He isn't a great emcee but he has his own style. I know whenver I play ODB records a clubs people always go nuts.
posted by LouieLoco at 8:57 AM on July 29, 2003

Whatever happened to calling himself "Big Baby Jesus"? Was that just before "Dirt McGirt"?

I hate feeling so hopelessly out of the loop.
posted by dhoyt at 9:41 AM on July 29, 2003

hey, anyone who has the balls to do a hip hop version of that terrible Phil Collins track "Sussudio" rocks in my book
posted by badzen at 10:00 AM on July 29, 2003

« Older How About Raising Money for Him Instead of The Sta...  |  Help NYC break the record for ... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments