Do these lists tell a tale?
January 6, 2004 6:20 PM Subscribe
In "How to Kill a Country"
there's a list of steps:
(1) Destroy the engine of productivity
(2) Bury the truth
(3) Crush dissent
(4) Legislate the impossible
(5) Teach hate
(6) Scare off foreigners
(7) Invade a neighbor
(8) Ignore a deadly enemy
(9) Commit genocide
(10) Blame the imperialists
In "Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara"
the lessons list as:
(1) Empathize with your enemy.
(2) Rationality will not save us.
(3) There's something beyond one's self.
(4) Maximize efficiency.
(5) Proportionality should be a guideline in war.
(6) Get the data.
(7) Belief and seeing are both often wrong.
(8) Be prepared to re-examine your reasoning.
(9) In order to do good you may have to engage in evil.
(10) Never say never.
(11) You can't change human nature.
Two sides of the same coin?
posted by john (11 comments total)
« Older New York City Lights Design Competition... | The Underwater Post Office. Ch... Newer »