December 2, 2000
12:24 AM   Subscribe

Homer Simpson is doing the Matt Drudge thing, exposing neighborhood scams and crimes. Is this a legitimate way of poking fun at Drudge's style or simply a commercial tie-in with the show?
posted by mathowie (9 comments total)

so does this mean even homer has a weblog?
posted by sugarfish at 12:27 AM on December 2, 2000

short bursts of text, teaser headlines to more info, sure! I suppose it's only lacking date and timestamps because the simpsons is a "timeless" show.

Of course, if we deem it a weblog, I know what the next post will be.

"worst weblog ever."
posted by mathowie at 12:36 AM on December 2, 2000

That's the worst weblog ever right there.

(Seems like the website and the show don't have the same writers ...)
posted by sylloge at 1:05 AM on December 2, 2000

Homer's take on the news kind of reminds me of Ed Anger's column for the Weekly World News.
But maybe that's just me.
posted by croutonsupafreak at 6:29 AM on December 2, 2000

next episode of simpsons homer gets the internet, maybe he made a website, in which case this is probably a tie-in.
posted by starduck at 7:33 AM on December 2, 2000

starduck: I doubt it. This site totally doesn't have the same feel as the tv show. I didn't laugh once.
posted by PWA_BadBoy at 7:48 AM on December 2, 2000

Simpsons: The Computer Wore Menace Shoes
Homer buys a computer and builds a Web site where he anonymously spreads local rumor and innuendo, and makes things up when his sources run dry. Dan Castellaneta, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer.
posted by sudama at 8:25 AM on December 2, 2000

If it is a tie-in (which it seems to be, especially since it's on the official site) it's a very poor one. The articles on the site were most definetely not written in Homer's "voice".

There isn't even anyone who's a stinky-head!
posted by cCranium at 9:42 AM on December 2, 2000

It's surely a tie-in, there was one with a website they mentioned on the Simpsons a few episodes ago ( or something? maybe?) and the site seemed sort of not hilariously amazing, but you can't really expect them to put the real writers to work on minor little tie-ins.
posted by beefula at 10:03 PM on December 2, 2000

« Older Mother of serial killer an AIDS worker, dies.   |   Jeb and Katherine, sitting in a tree...? Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments