8. ART CLARIFICATION The Publisher will send the Rights Holder a notarized document stating that the Rights Holder's contribution to the Work are legitimate art-works.
9. DINNER WITH MIYA OSAKI The Publisher will pay for the expenses of one (1) dinner between the Rights Holder, Miya Osaki, and xxxx xxxx at Sushi Gari in New York.
10. A WALK WITH NICOLE ANGELORO Nicole Angeloro will accompany the Rights Holder on a pleasant walk in a park in New York.
11. A DINNER FOR FOUR EMPLOYEES The publisher will pay for the expenses of one (1) dinner between two (2) janitors who clean the publisher's offices and two (2) employees of the Publisher. The publisher will send the photographic documentation of this dinner to the Rights Holder.
12. NEW BOOK FOR VLATKA HORVAT The publisher will send Vlatka Horvat [...purchased a copy of the book at LAX airport. She notified me that my section had an ink smear on it.] one (1) free copy of the Work.
...15. JAPANESE TEA The publisher will cover the expense of an unspecified amount Japanese Gyokuro tea for the Rights Holder.
"I am terribly sorry about this. Your email eventually made its way to me--I help coordinate with 826/McSweeney's on the production of The Best American Nonrequired Reading. I talked with Jesse Nathan there, and it seems that this was a major oversight."
"Our selection committee consists of a handful of high school students. One contingent is in the Bay Area, a second is in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and a third is in Seattle. These students help Dave Eggers edit The Best American Nonrequired Reading.
This collection, published by Houghton-Mifflin, compiles the country's best fiction, journalism, essays, comics, and humor every year, and introduces a large readership to dozens of new writers and publications.
The Best American Nonrequired Reading committee -- this year comprising students from ten different high schools -- meets nearly every week of the year to read, debate, and compile this offbeat but vital anthology.
This website will update readers on the progress of the 2009 collection and give you a peek into the process by which the collection is chosen.
The students will blog about what they're reading and listening to and watching, and we'll transcribe choice moments from the BANR meetings.
....This is a fund-raising collection, with all the proceeds going to 826 Valencia, the pirate shop and student writing lab in San Francisco."
« Older Famous for his Western works, such as the Louvre P... | Consider the Philosopher.... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt