1. Mr. Crewe's Career, Winston Churchill
2. The Barrier, Rex Beach
3. The Trail of the Lonesome Pine, John Fox Jr.
4. The Lure of the Mask, Harold MacGrath
5. The Shuttle, Frances Hodgson Burnett
6. Peter, F. Hopkinson Smith
7. Lewis Rand, Mary Johnston
8. The Black Bag, Louis J. Vance
9. The Man from Brodney's, George Barr McCutcheon
10. The Weavers, Gilbert Parker
The Foundation's primary mission is to save orphan films, films without owners able to pay for their preservation. The films most at-risk are newsreels, silent films, experimental works, films out of copyright protection, significant amateur footage, documentaries, and features made outside the commercial mainstream. Orphan films are the living record of the twentieth century. Hundreds of American museums, archives, libraries, universities, and historical societies care for "orphaned" original film materials of cultural value. The Foundation will work with these film preservation organizations to preserve orphan films and make them accessible to "present and future generations of Americans."
« Older I like old bicycles. High-wheelers, choppers, BMX... | A NEW FACEBOOK CONTROVERSY... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt