100 Things I'm Ready To Take Credit For
January 19, 2009 2:28 PM Subscribe
posted by shii (64 comments total)
5 users marked this as a favorite
Ensuring that at least someone
gets his legacy right, Ex-President Bush has on his final day in office commissioned a series of Official Legacy Booklets
with such unlikely titles as 100 Things Americans May Not Know About the Bush Administration Record
. These weighty tomes inform us, for example, that "the Afghan economy has doubled since 2001"-- an accomplishment perhaps assisted by the arrival of American forces spending some $3 billion per month there.
Other things taken credit for:
1. Stopping a 2006 plot to destroy multiple airplanes... in Britain.
2. Overseeing the largest increase in defense spending since the Truman Administration.
3. Lowering taxes in a time of war.
4. "Focusing attention" on Burma, Belarus, and Zimbabwe, all of which deteriorated during his administration.
5. Funding an aborted coup
in Venezuela (described in the pamphlet as "bolster[ing] civil society activists").
6. Cutting aid to any international charity that funds abortions among its other work.
7. Doing... something... for veterans?
8. The Do Not Call List.
Personally, I prefer this alternative list of accomplishments
Personally assigned pet nicknames to 145 Administration staffers and Cabinet members and 82 individual members of the White House press corps.
Adieu, big fella.