Constipation is murder! and other gems from early advertising of the West
August 12, 2009 1:14 PM Subscribe
posted by mudpuppie (24 comments total)
35 users marked this as a favorite
The University of Washington Library's Early Advertising of the West, 1867-1918
.Browse the collection
or search by keyword
- It's in Town! Have you seen it? The AEROCAR. The smartest and most graceful looking car yet seen on the streets of Seattle. $2,150.00.
- Alfalfa-Nutriment makes thin people plump.
- I will send my aluminum eye cup FREE.
- Animal Crackers are put up in lithographed cartons that will make a decided hit with the children...After it is emptied, the carton is to be cut into a circus wagon for which full directions are printed.
- Prohibition Increases Drunkenness. But, Even moderate drinking hurts health, lessens efficiency
- The Reed School for Nervous and Backward Children
- Avoid trouble by having your kitchen boiler covered with asbestos
- "I'se in Town, Honey!" (Aunt Jemima's Pancake Flour)
- Too much sleep will increase the flesh...
- A Black Kid for your window
- Brown's Worm lozenges
- Constipation is murder!
- Cook stoves for Alaskan miners
- A cure for the rupture
- The Devil
- Nearly two-thirds of all the chronic diseases spring, directly or indirectly, from some derangement of the sexual system...
- Dr. Pierce's Body-Battery (for man and woman!)
- 1910 shower ad (Warning: Victorian nudity)
- Remedy for alcoholism (contains milk sugar, starch, capsicum and ipecac)
- Artificial limbs
- Budde's water closets
- Yet another racist ad, this one for gelatin
- Neitro Sanatorium (Not A Bake Oven!)
- Ostrich farming
- School of Phrenology
- Radium insect killer and Radium household cleaner