1) Sit about 2 feet from the screen.
2) Touch the center line, in between the left & right picture, with your index finger.
3) Slowly bring your index finger toward your nose. Focus your attentionon your index finger, but keep the picture in view. You should detect, but not look directly at, the stereo-picture splitting into two stereo-pictures, and each one floating away from the other as your finger gets closer to your face. Keep your eye on your finger though.
4) When the stereo-picture gets to the point where it looks like there are three pictures instead of two, that's where the picture you now perceive in the center is comprised of two pictures overlapping each other: the left side of the original (seen with the left eye) and the right side of the original (seen with the right eye). You may need to tilt your head a teeny amount to get the pictures to align more correctly. But: keep looking at your finger!
5) Now take your finger quickly away, but try to keep your eyes where they were. If you lose that center-combined-image, put your finger back where it was, and focus on your finger again.
« Older Tetris, Like You've Never Played It. | Bank Notes - a collection of bank robbery notes Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments