The Jim Morrison Simulatron
July 10, 2001 1:40 PM   Subscribe

The Jim Morrison Simulatron

Sometimes, Modernhumorist can still make me laugh.*

"THIRTY YEARS AGO last week, Doors frontman Jim Morrison mixed drugs, alcohol and asthma to ascend to the big Whisky A Go-Go in the sky. Here in the virtual world, though, Modern Humorist has reanimated him in the form of lines and lines of programming code."

*Warning: Stupid Flash game
posted by GriffX (9 comments total)

Cute...but hardly a "game." Great pix, though.
posted by davidmsc at 7:32 PM on July 10, 2001

Not so stupid, either... I had a good laugh.

"Powk and beeeenz!"
posted by Dirjy at 9:10 PM on July 10, 2001

"Touch your children, little pork and beans...oh yeahhhhha"
I must be sick.
posted by BoatMeme at 9:20 PM on July 10, 2001

Dirjy - I confess I laughed my ass off (I refuse to abreviate that) at the sight of a fat Morrison singing "Powk and beeeenz!"

This thing was in bad taste already; I think for the one where he's a kid singing "Chil-dren...." they could have at least put in a graphic of a car wreck with dead Native Americans. That was obviously the reference.
posted by GriffX at 9:25 PM on July 10, 2001

I think for the one where he's a kid singing "Chil-dren...." they could have at least put in a graphic of a car wreck with dead Native Americans. That was obviously the reference.

That was obviously a reference to Oliver Stone's movie about The Doors. I'd agree with THAT.
posted by BoatMeme at 10:39 PM on July 10, 2001

That was obviously a reference to Oliver Stone's movie about The Doors. I'd agree with THAT.

BoatMeme - apparently, that was a childhood experience Morrison talked about all the time. If it was made up, it was made up by Morrison, not Oliver Stone.
posted by GriffX at 11:13 PM on July 10, 2001

I've talked to the creator of this site a bunch of times. He's looking to make a movie, by the way.
posted by modofo at 11:25 PM on July 10, 2001

Boatmeme, I'm pretty sure he goes at length about it in many live performances and I'm even more sure its on American Prayer. Worth the 15 bucks for any Doors fan that wants 99% Morrison and 1% Doors.
posted by skallas at 12:00 AM on July 11, 2001

Aye, but you must be right. I gotta stop posting to Mefi when I'm loaded.
posted by BoatMeme at 1:44 PM on July 11, 2001

« Older More painful than a Ricki Lake Show marathon? I'l...  |  Canadian wins this year's Bulw... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments