McLuhan Redux: The Schoolyard Is The Code
October 25, 2010 4:44 PM Subscribe
posted by nickrussell (28 comments total)
10 users marked this as a favorite
The Daily Beast discovers that the college programmers behind Facebook not only love their captors but also perpetuate the atrocities they themselves endured.
Behind the new code of the schoolyard...
High School or Facebook?
• New kids have trouble making friends.
• No one wants to be your friend if you don't follow the code. It is against the rules to tell you what the code is.
• The campus newspaper prints story about the old kids.
• To get gossip, you have to give gossip. Without gossip, you can't get gossip.
• Stalking doesn't help your reputation
• Being stalked helps your reputation
• Connections to the outside help a little
• The more photos you have in the yearbook, the better
• Other people backing up what you say is the golden ring