Where we're going we don't need...actually, we'd benefit from some attractive brick paving.
November 17, 2010 2:28 AM Subscribe
posted by maxwelton (34 comments total)
4 users marked this as a favorite
Tiger Stone is a Dutch company
(site is in Dutch) which is promoting a technology which allows you to "print" 300-400 meters per day (roughly a mile every four days) of attractive
This seems to be everywhere on the various design and urban planning blogs (all with essentially the same blurb) but I haven't seen a discussion of cost of this surface versus asphalt or concrete, or possible advantages/disadvantages of the surface.
A google translation of the bullet points on Tiger Stone's web page for fellow dutch-language-challenged folks:
What can Tiger Stone do for you?
* Better working conditions.
* Motivated and enthusiastic staff.
* High daily production: 300 m² possible.
* High quality work produced.
* The edging is made right away, so no cutting work afterwards!
* Several factors may simultaneously process. (?)
* Partially disabled employees productive again.
* Short payback.
* Simple operation.
* Low maintenance.