Toiling away in the obscure backwaters of Google+, mefi's own Shakespeherian has been engaged in a compelling serial storytelling experiment: three THRILLING TALES of MYSTERY and ADVENTURE in a Choose Your Own Adventure By Committee format:
- I: In which YOU determine the FATE of a man named BJORN! (begins here and continues here)
- II: In which YOU run away to JOIN THE CIRCUS...OR DO YOU?
- III: In which YOU are WRONGLY ACCUSED of MURDER and must detectivate to prove your innocence!
Courtesy of the indiegames.com weblog, the top 10 indie games of 2010 in a variety of categories:
- Freeware Experimental Games (previously)
- Freeware Shoot 'em Ups
- Freeware Role-Playing Games
- Freeware Puzzle Games
- Freeware Adventure Games
- Browser Arcade Games
- Freeware Arcade Games
- Browser Platformers
- Top 10 Indie Games (overall, including ones that *gasp* actually cost money)
- Indie Games To Watch Out For In 2011
Glum Buster is a charityware puzzle/adventure/exploration game developed over the course of 4 years by Justin Leingang. Kind of like a more linear Seiklus. Windows only.
Scarygirl. Flash platformer/adventure game with absolutely staggering production values and art. The intro sequence is awesome.
An Untitled Story. (apologies, pc download only). An action-platformer by Matt Thorson in the tradition of Seiklus, Knytt (previously 1 2), & Metroid It is full of awesome. [more inside]