"Not so long ago, the idea that women might rule the world seemed slightly ridiculous - like something out of science fiction. But in an essay to mark International Women's Day
, political analyst and former White House press secretary Dee Dee Myers argues it's now a topic that can be seriously discussed."
posted by talitha_kumi
on Mar 8, 2013 -
- "Please don't beat me. I'm having my period." ~ Mama Wangari
- "It is being both black and gay [which is problematic]." ~ Zanele Muholi (Nehanda Nyakasikana) [NSFW]
- "Sisters at heart, these women are: from Kibera to Loresho." ~ WM
- "My vagina wants an Uzi" ~ Larissa Klazinga (Amanda Atwood)
- "You are from Kenya? So are you Kikuyu or Luo?" ~ Wangui
Blogs of women from Africa. That is all.
posted by hadjiboy
on Apr 17, 2008 -
The New Shaker Wives Aren't Really Into Furniture
or puritanism or bonnets. But kickass cocktails? And revenge
? That, yes
. Oh yes. Empowering? I should bloody well think so. Disgruntled housewives
you say? I say their boring, stupid husbands don't appreciate their luck, more likely. Explore their website, enjoy
! [Offered as a companion-piece to tranquileye's June 2002 Ladies For The Preservation Of Cocktails post. P.S. This is neither here nor there but the more I live and know, the more I love and respect women and the less I like men.
posted by MiguelCardoso
on May 16, 2003 -