Noted computer program and pop singer Hatsune Miku performs on The Late Show with David Letterman. What's a Miku!? you ask, and Buzzfeed answers in list form. Previously on Metafilter.
Yukkedoluce is a producer for vocaloid, a singing voice synthesizer program (previously on mefi). Some examples of his works are below.
- The Transient Apple Salesgirl - An apple one day keeps immortality away.
- Persona Robot - The touching tale of a girl and her robot.
- Dream Eater - Dream in this disenchanted world.
- DOGS - Wake up, sheeple!
Vocaloid producers Hitoshizuku x Yama△ (previously on meta) have just released a new song/video: Phantom Thief F's Scenario ~Mystery of the Missing Diamond~. Can you figure out who the culprit is? [more inside]
1imb0 (SLYT) - At the end of the production line, into God's realm, we fall. Warnings for: singing robots, high-pitched Japanese voices, English subtitles, and copious amounts of animated ascii art. [more inside]
Hitoshizuku x Yama (or Yamashizuku) are producers for vocaloid, a singing voice synthesizer program (previously on mefi). Their most recent compilation album, EndlessroLL, is available on Amazon and iTunes. They seem most fond of Kagamine Rin/Len, but have also released songs featuring other vocaloids. Suzunosuke often does the artwork for their videos. Examples of their works below. Warnings for: singing robots, high-pitched Japanese voices, catchy tunes, English subtitles, occasional violence, death, melancholy, some mildly NSFW content, and more than a dollop of drama.
- Bad∞End∞Night / Crazy∞nighT / Twilight ∞ nighT - a villager is trapped in a mansion with a bunch of nuts! Can she find the key to survival, or can this only be a Bad End Night? Features the Vocaloid Eight - i.e., all 6 Crypton vocaloids + Gumi & Gakupo. TO BE CONTINUED.
- Alluring Secret ~Black Vow~ - An angel falls in love with a human girl, which is forbidden. But she has a plan.
- Soundless Voice / Proof of Life / Endless Wedge. A girl wants to leave something good behind. A boy grieves.
Hatsune Miku's latest album debuted in the number one spot on the Japanese weekly Oricon album charts. She's playing live to sold out stadiums, and action figures depicting her have been shot into space... [more inside]
Hatsune Miku is the latest singing sensation to sweep Japan. No, she's not a new idol singer, she's Yamaha's Vocaloid2 software simulating the voice of vocalist Saki Fujita. Currently a #2 seller on Amazon, even at the cost of 15750 yen (about $137). But you don't need to buy the software to appreciate it. Check out Ievan Polka, Fly Me to the Moon, the theme from Princess Mononoke, and more!