Stopping at Incense Storing Temple, Wang Wei (699-759)
- I did not know the incense storing temple,
- I walked a few miles into the clouded peaks.
- No man on the path between the ancient trees,
- A bell rang somewhere deep among the hills.
- A spring sounded choked, running down steep rocks,
- The green pines chilled the sunlight's coloured rays.
- Come dusk, at the bend of a deserted pool,
- Through meditation I controlled passion's dragon.
[raises envelope to temple] Human bone cancer. Sea gooseberry larva. Bat embryos. [tears open envelope, blows inside, removes paper, reads] Some of the winners of the 38th Nikon Small World microphotography competition.
Silicon Zoo: Where's Waldo? Hiding in the silicon patterns of a computer chip. Michael Davidson has found a collection of microscopic art hidden by chip designers. This practice has been going on for decades, and the hidden images range from the iconic to the commemorative to the bizarre. Be sure to read the fine print. [See also this CNET story] (via)
Cool gallery of tiny, tiny people doing detailed farming work on pieces of fruit. Horrible flash interface, frequent use of French.