Stopping at Incense Storing Temple, Wang Wei (699-759)
- I did not know the incense storing temple,
- I walked a few miles into the clouded peaks.
- No man on the path between the ancient trees,
- A bell rang somewhere deep among the hills.
- A spring sounded choked, running down steep rocks,
- The green pines chilled the sunlight's coloured rays.
- Come dusk, at the bend of a deserted pool,
- Through meditation I controlled passion's dragon.
[raises envelope to temple] Human bone cancer. Sea gooseberry larva. Bat embryos. [tears open envelope, blows inside, removes paper, reads] Some of the winners of the 38th Nikon Small World microphotography competition.
Gorgeous microphotography of the growth of colonial fungi species. Featuring aspergillus, fumigatus, botrytis, trichoderma, and cladosporidium.
Since 1977, Nikon has held a Small World Photomicrography Competition, to showcase that which cannot be seen with the naked eye. This year's winner will be announced in November, but until October 31, we have been invited to vote for one of this years' 115 finalists to receive the 'Small World Popular Vote Award.' [more inside]
The Institute for the Promotion of the Less than One Millimeter proudly presents The Micropolitan Museum of Microscopic Art Forms. [via]