- "Please don't beat me. I'm having my period." ~ Mama Wangari
- "It is being both black and gay [which is problematic]." ~ Zanele Muholi (Nehanda Nyakasikana) [NSFW]
- "Sisters at heart, these women are: from Kibera to Loresho." ~ WM
- "My vagina wants an Uzi" ~ Larissa Klazinga (Amanda Atwood)
- "You are from Kenya? So are you Kikuyu or Luo?" ~ Wangui
Blogs of women from Africa. That is all.
: A feminist's view on why we go to war.
As two women
were molested by a mob of 70 to 80
men on New Year’s Eve in Mumbai, all Mumbai’s top cop has to say is—it happens everywhere
, and admonishes the media for making a mountain out of a molehill. This, after a similar incident
had taken place at the Gateway of India
, exactly one year ago.