How Obama's tech team saved his presidency a second time
March 3, 2014 3:45 PM Subscribe
Inside the Nightmare Launch of HealthCare.Gov - "Unknown to a nation following the fiasco, McDonough's assignment from the President had boiled down to something more dire than how to fix the site. As the chief of staff remembers his mission, it was 'Can it be patched and improved to work, or does it need to be scrapped to start over? He wanted to know if this thing is salvageable.' Yes, on Oct. 17, the President was thinking of scrapping the whole thing and starting over." (previously)
- Obamacare Effects Account for Most of Income, Spending Increases - "Obamacare provisions are responsible for about three-quarters of January's overall rise in Americans' incomes."
- Obamacare helped give me the security that allowed me to start a new small business - "Here at the Dish, we've gone through the tedious and time-consuming business of figuring out our new insurance policy in the exchanges, and I've found a new policy for myself here in DC. It was a hassle, but it would be hard to argue that it's that much more burdensome than figuring out our insurance before Obamacare. And, in my case, for the first time in two decades, I feel secure in being able to keep my insurance regardless of what happens to my employment situation."
- Why big companies are hoarding cash - "First, companies are concerned about future demand for their products."
- The Inefficiency of Inequality - "In fact, inequality's impairment of economic growth may dwarf its more apparent social costs."
- We do not have to live with the scourge of inequality - "A more redistributive tax system appears to lead to higher growth."
- Treating Inequality with Redistribution - "Redistribution appears generally benign in terms of its impact on growth."
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments