The Alt-Right's Asian Fetish
January 8, 2018 6:23 AM   Subscribe

"The white-supremacist Asian fetish is no contradiction. It exists at the intersection of two popular racial myths: The idea of the “model minority" [and] that of the subservient, hypersexual Asian woman. The white-supremacist fetish combines those ideas and highlights a tension within the project of white supremacism as America grows more diverse."

You may have thought MySpace has-been Tila Tequila's Nazi affinities were an aberration, but some communities have known they're more of a symptom of a social condition.

As a commenter wrote on an alt-right forum, “exclusively” dating Asian women is practically a “white-nationalist rite of passage.”

Asian Americans have also long noticed the significant numbers of Asian women who are partnered with these reprehensible men, and provide them the convenient defense, when criticized, that "My wife is Asian."

The situation hasn't exactly been lost on the children of these unions either, who have a particular insight into their dynamics, and are speaking out as they come of age.

How will these trends affect the future of the alt-right, Asian Americans, and the United States? The alt-right's Asian fetish is only starting to be recognized, but there were signs even before Trump's election.

And what is the role of Asian men in all this? Will they also embrace the alt-right, or are they the natural opposition?
posted by Borborygmus (0 comments total)

This post was deleted for the following reason: Lots of problems with this, including that it is basically written like an OP opinion piece, sketchy links and links to gross racist speech, seeming suggestion that Asian or Asian/American women generally are "alt right" ... and more. This is certainly not going to work here. -- taz

« Older Is everything you think you know about depression...   |   'How I let drinking take over my life' Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments