Self-Care for Survivors of Sexual Assault
September 24, 2018 3:36 PM Subscribe
Think about a time when you felt balanced and grounded, and consider asking yourself the following questions:
1. What fun or leisure activities did you enjoy? Were there events or outings that you looked forward to?
2. Did you write down your thoughts in a journal or personal notebook?
3. Were meditation or relaxation activities a part of your regular schedule?
4. What inspirational words were you reading? Did you have a particular author or favorite website, like RAINN’s Pinterest board, to go to for inspiration?
5. Who did you spend time with? Was there someone, or a group of people, that you felt safe and supported around?
6. Where did you spend your time? Was there a special place, maybe outdoors or at a friend’s house, where you felt comfortable and grounded?
Self-care isn’t always easy to take on by yourself. To speak with someone who is trained to help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673) or chat online at online.rainn.org.
Tips for Survivors on Consuming Media
Comedy Music Videos
Cameron Esposito has a new stand-up special about sexual assault from a survivor’s perspective
Feeling Low? Time to Get Happy
Taking a Collective Moment for Self-Care
Ways to Stay Motivated in This Era of Epic Stupid
YouTube Comedy Clips
Puppies Meet Baby Animals: Cuteness Ensues
Various upbeat animal videos
This post was deleted for the following reason: Heya, I appreciate the good intentions here but in practice the combo of the very explicit "sexual abuse" intro and then the cute funny videos, it makes for a strange mix that I think isn't going to be helpful for people in the way you intend? I think it might go better to put these resources into the venting thread -- LobsterMitten
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments