The computer is a magic box. Many graphic images are hidden inside it.
January 28, 2020 4:00 AM   Subscribe

The Art Of Computer Designing: A Black and White Approach "This book is a beginner's introduction to calling forth these images as author Sato shows how to create figures with basic shapes - i.e., lines, arcs, squares and circles - and does so simply, clearly, and above all very logically. This is an everyday guide to computer illustrating, a collection of design ideas and a compendium of Mr. Sato's own computer art works. All the shapes in this book are black and white, but it is a black and white world full of potential. Just looking at the myriad manifestations of form is a joy, but for those who will use it to begin creating their own shapes this book offers far, far greater pleasure." [courtesy the Internet Archive]

Author Osamu Sato [official site|Internet Archive] is also known for his musical score for LSD: Dream Emulator [previously].
posted by Ten Cold Hot Dogs (9 comments total) 49 users marked this as a favorite

This is entirely wonderful. And I'm digging the single-line (plotter?) art in the first couple of chapters.
posted by scruss at 5:26 AM on January 28 [1 favorite]

Damn this is some good content lately, please more of this.
posted by Young Kullervo at 5:41 AM on January 28 [1 favorite]

This is incredible.. thank you
posted by RobertFrost at 6:18 AM on January 28 [1 favorite]

The computer is a magic box... yes, and today, mine is a malevolent magic box, in the mold of the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
posted by 43rdAnd9th at 7:08 AM on January 28

Many graphic images are hidden inside it.

Hahahahaha. Yeah, I bet they are.
posted by snofoam at 10:40 AM on January 28 [1 favorite]

Can we please put up a NSFW tag warning on the official site link?

I was at work, clicked on the link and was immediately confronted with the text:

"BONDAGE CLLECTION 2018

"ROPE BONDAGE : THL

"MODEL : MIDORI/CHAIKA"

I noped out the the site so fast I broke land-speed records. That's really not the kind of thing I want showing up on my work computer.
posted by sardonyx at 3:52 PM on January 28

Wait, that Osamu Sato? The guy who did Eastern Mind? This is intriguing and I'm looking forward to spending some time with this book.
posted by wanderingmind at 7:40 PM on January 28

Does anybody have a link to what's on the included data disk in the back?
Hahn Rossman
posted by hahn_rossman at 9:47 AM on January 30

« Older Eulogy to last one minute, without hesitation...   |   Netanyahu Officially Indicted Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments