Nice bargain!
June 29, 2005 1:43 PM   Subscribe

Hell hath no fury... British shock jock Tim Shaw came back home to find his belongings on the street and his car gone...maybe he should have been a tiny little bit more considerate with the missus...
posted by Skeptic (15 comments total)

Fair enough. But no alimony for her.
posted by rush at 2:00 PM on June 29, 2005

Wow, the English have assholes too. Lucky guy getting the Lotus for 50p, that's about a buck, right?

He's lucky he didn't marry a Venezuelan woman, she'd just chop his cock off and throw it out the window.

By the way, spellcheck wanted to change 50p to Apache. I just thought that was funny and wanted to share without making it an FPP.
posted by fenriq at 2:00 PM on June 29, 2005

The whole thing is shady and most probably a stupid publicity stunt. I also clicked around her ebay profile and found some... suspicious... things. (8 copies of the same book, pickup only, 0.01 pounds each to the same person who gave lots of nice feedback, an item called SHAW SHAW with no other info sold for 0.01 to "kingdj69" etc)
posted by neustile at 2:15 PM on June 29, 2005

fenriq: We call them arseholes over here.
posted by i_cola at 2:32 PM on June 29, 2005

Yeah, I'd write this off to publicity stunt.
posted by jonson at 2:38 PM on June 29, 2005

I think I've read the book. It has a gangster, a mysterious lady-friend of said gangster and the annoying shock-jock punches an annoying talk-show host in the face. Or something.
posted by lazy-ville at 2:52 PM on June 29, 2005

I think I'm going to have to change my stance and go with publicity stunt as well.

i_cola, funny I use arsehole as a politer version of asshole when I'm in mixed company.
posted by fenriq at 3:11 PM on June 29, 2005

Nothing to see here. . . move along.
posted by spock at 3:12 PM on June 29, 2005

ebayfilter.
too bad. I was giving the wife Kudos...
posted by Busithoth at 3:47 PM on June 29, 2005

Yeah ... kinda does smell like a publicity stunt. She states in her eBay ad: "I am the registered owner and I have the log book." Why would Shaw put the car in her name? Unless, maybe, it was a gift from her to him? Who knows.
posted by ericb at 4:01 PM on June 29, 2005

It's also an old bit of urban folklore, too. And this one was easier to fake than filling the car with concrete.
posted by Ethereal Bligh at 4:08 PM on June 29, 2005

lazy-ville, is that book Ian Banks' Dead Air?
posted by atrazine at 4:21 PM on June 29, 2005

ericb, for tax purposes.
posted by dobbs at 8:49 PM on June 29, 2005

lazy-ville / atrazine - that is Dead Air by Iain Banks.
posted by triv at 12:27 AM on June 30, 2005

Last month called and wants their lead story back...
posted by mrblondemang at 7:30 PM on June 30, 2005

« Older Buhriz Follow-Up   |   avast ye maties! set sail for the milky way, yarr! Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments