felt cats
January 3, 2011 1:21 PM   Subscribe

My girlfriend loves felted things. Little food made out of felt. Bunnies, etc. And I am pretty sure even she would find these weird.

I clicked the second link first and for a moment thought it was a real kitten. I really messed up kitten.
posted by cjorgensen at 1:27 PM on January 3, 2011

Wow, not what I was expecting, in a good way. I was imagining a weird, 2D depiction more akin to this felt scene, not so realistic.
posted by filthy light thief at 1:35 PM on January 3, 2011

Well, at least they're not sticking REAL cats into scanners this time.
posted by oneswellfoop at 1:38 PM on January 3, 2011

amazing how new born kittens look like something else. we were given two brother kittens several months ago. at 6 weeks, one reminded my wife that this almost competely black covered tabby kitten looked like a teddy bear. so, he runs around our home and answers to TEDDY, as in teddy bear. 3 months later, he dosen't remind me of any bears, but the wife's naming process is number one, and she left me to name the second brother, i chose TIGG ER (ti double grrr r), Great, we have a TEDDY and a TIGGER running around chasing each other to wrestle until one gets tired or hurt.
posted by tustinrick at 1:46 PM on January 3, 2011 [1 favorite]

This walks the thin line between cold-n-creepy and warm-n-fuzzy.
posted by not_on_display at 1:48 PM on January 3, 2011 [2 favorites]

I was very disconcerted when one of the kittens abruptly turned into a felt hat.
posted by jamaro at 1:51 PM on January 3, 2011 [3 favorites]

I love these little guys!
posted by Greg Nog at 1:51 PM on January 3, 2011 [1 favorite]

This walks the thin line between cold-n-creepy and warm-n-fuzzy.

"Walks the thin line?" This looks like what you'd find in the woods the next morning atop a neat little pile of perfectly-smoothed pebbles where Jim's tent used to be after ignoring the pleas from the villagers not to camp where three farmer's daughters were burned alive as witches exactly two hundred and fifty years ago this very night.
posted by XQUZYPHYR at 2:25 PM on January 3, 2011 [2 favorites]

I keep thinking about how felt is made from animal fur when I see these.
posted by longsleeves at 3:39 PM on January 3, 2011

Ok, so wet felt kittens are invariably creepy. Yikes.
posted by monichacha at 7:05 PM on January 3, 2011

as my Brasilian roommate once squealed upon viewing newborn kittens, "they lookin' like a little rat!"
posted by a humble nudibranch at 11:14 PM on January 3, 2011

creeeeepy
posted by OwlBoy at 8:45 AM on January 5, 2011

« Older Decemberists gonna December   |   Women in War: Female Engagement Teams in... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments