Here's a list of MeFites who have stuff they make and sell online. If you're shopping anyway, check out the stuff your fellow MeFites have available. If you're a MetaFilter member with stuff for sale, you can submit your shop. There's more info in MetaTalk.
Photography, Prints and Calendars
- Crystalinne: Print With Love on Etsy: Instant download posters for only $2.99 featuring pop culture quotes, TV catchphrases, song lyrics, cute stuff, home decor, and more! Each print is carefully designed using a variety of fonts, textures, and digital painting for a unique piece of art to show what you love. Just purchase, print, and frame how you'd like to make that perfect gift. GET 15% OFF! Use code HOLIDAY. Shop Now!
- wats: Ryan Watson Photo Art - Photographs showing the mysterious beauty of Vancouver Island and other places. Prints, photo zines and more, always shot on film. 10% off orders with the coupon code MEFITE.
- Lou Stuells: Toadbriar on Etsy. Whimsical animal art by Kim Parkhurst. Signed archival prints. Coupon code MEFISOWN for 15% off.
- jjjjjjjijjjjjjj: has large historical map prints for sale. Note: all maps also have high-resolution file download (free for free), so if you'd rather, you can DIY some gifts however you'd like 'em.
- vegartanipla: shelbyprindaville.com I sell original artwork, various sizes of metal and matted 8x10" and 11x14" paper print reproductions, and 5x5" greeting card reproductions. Email me to get individual quotes based on your exact desires, but originals typically cost between $450-750, prints between $60-100, and greeting cards $5/ea. Shipping for originals often runs about $35, for prints is typically about $25, and for cards is often about $3. I can get actual quotes from my shipper depending on end zip code.
- nevercalm: So I listed this project, which became this FPP on the blue, which in turn led to this Etsy store. I photograph feathers that I find or that people send to me, as well as lovely shots of butterflies, skulls and stuffed animals!
- CheeseDigestsAll: Custom black and white or color prints ranging from Montana rodeo to graffiti art in New Orleans for sale at my Etsy shop. Use the special orders button and ask for anything from my 500px portfolio.
- b33j: I have some prints here of my watercolour paintings of Australian landscapes, seascapes and animals.
- chococat: Several albums worth of recent and not-so-recent recordings. It's delicious, homemade, independent basement pop just waiting for you at fromabasement.com. Send as a gift or enjoy for yourself! Don't forget to enter the discount code "mefi" on the Bandcamp site to get 10% off anything! (Also on iTunes, Amazon and most other places you can think of.)
- dagosto: A growing collection of surf rock and roll from The Phone Calls and some older solo work. 10% of with the code mefi. You can also get The Phone Calls debut via iTunes and Amazon.
Etsy, Crafts and Jewelry
- a halcyon day: My SO and I make ceramic, leather, indigo, and wood items together, based on the Swedish idea that enough is just right. Everything is functional, elegantly simple, and will patina over time. We will give you a MeFi discount if you ask! lagomhandmade.com
- Lucinda: the kicktoriacollective is a dinky little hole-in-the-wall place where I sell the pins and pendants that I make. Skews more towards roller derby right now, but should branch out into more things in the next few weeks.
- anastasiav: Nothing says the holidays like candles! I sell an assortment of hand-decorated, fully-burnable pillar candles, mainly sourced from vintage postcards and greeting cards. I can also turn your photograph, or other treasured image into a special keepsake. (You must provide the image.) I will make you a Metafilter-themed candle on request (proofs are always sent on custom work prior to purchase).
- robocop is bleeding: The Corey Press - Cthulhu, Lovecraft, UFOs, Alien Abduction, Dinosaur Knights, and other flights of geeky madness hand carved and pressed on to wooden panels in Salem, MA.
- GrapeApiary: My girlfriend sells products at The Artisan Loft crafted from natural, skin-supporting ingredients like nutrient-dense herbs, salts, barks, clay, etc. found in nature. She has lip balms, body butters, lotion bars, skin scrubs, foot soaks, chest rubs, and muscle & joint rubs. Soaps should be available starting December 1st.
- picea: My etsy store Currently selling my 'Cactoids', which are unique, whimsical, figurative cactus planters and my tardigrade t-shirt!
- mikepop: has stickers for all your bikey needs. Many stickers per sheet - great for sharing.
- fiercecupcake: ParmaViolent sells semiprecious jewelry (Steven Universe inspired!), growler cozies, antler rings, metal chains (including wallet chains), and other adornments made by hand from metal, antler, fiber, and more. If you would like an alteration of a product (chain length, jewelry findings, etc.) or a custom order, just ask! Many products can be modified to suit your needs.
- usonian: I make and sell bow ties and pocket journals on Etsy. 10% discount for MeFite! (Use coupon code BEANPLATE at checkout.) Order by Saturday, December 7 for delivery before Christmas in the US. (Priority Shipping upgrades are available as an extra precaution.)
- limeonaire: yeahlikethat and I are selling shiny, offbeat cloisonné pins (coral horse emoji, Illuminati eye, etc.) at Scared Cicada. Up your #pingame and get 15 percent off with code MEFI! St. Louis Skies, Volume 1 presents the first half of my collected photos of dramatic skies and strange clouds, printed in a glossy, high-color format by Blurb. Buy it in hardcover or softcover. It's great for connoisseurs of clouds, urban skyscapes, and regional architecture, and several of the photos were shot at St. Louis MetaFilter meetups! I'm also selling postcards of these photos and vaguely occult T-shirts on Zazzle.
- magnetsphere: The perfect gift for anyone? It is made out of duct tape. Wallets, purses, luggage tags, rings, flowers, other stuff! Use code MEFITE for free shipping in the US.
- jenjenc: I make hand-cut ornaments out of hardwood on my scroll saw. I've mostly sold via Facebook and locally but here is my Etsy. Currently I have listings for snowflakes and personalized pet ornaments with paw prints.
- Yellow: I make and sell fine jewelry for men, women and children. I make everything that's every day jewelry and special items for occasions from birthdays to engagements. My specialty is making special designs. I have a few items on Etsy and I post new things frequently!
- cotesdurhone: Sofie Jewelry - Absolutely unique, contemporary, vibrant, high-end jewelry made of semi-precious stones, silver, and organic materials. 5% discount for MeFites. Use code MEFITE at checkout.
- mermaidcafe: the mermaids singing I sell original abstract watercolors and alcohol ink paintings, hand-painted candleholders and candles, and greeting cards made from my work. Use code metafilter for 15% off orders $20+.
Books, Magazines and Zines
- Mchelly: The Norma Gene - In the near future, human cloning has become commonplace, and celebrity cloning is the latest fad. A fast, funny take on authenticity, superficiality, and what would happen if Abraham Lincoln and Marilyn Monroe finally had the chance to get it on. Amazon Link. Barnes and Noble. SPD.
- growabrain: "Songs for Five Year Olds", is a collection of 23 cute poems that I wrote last year together with my 5 year old daughter, Adora. You can read all the poems for free before buying the book itself. A perfect gift for kids 4-8. Here are the reviews. Buy it on Lulu or on Amazon.
- veggieboy: "Will It Waffle?" answers the question posed in its title by providing 53 recipes for your waffle iron that are most definitely not waffles. (Think waffled chocolate chip cookies, waffled french toast, waffled zucchini-parmesan fritters, and more.)
- obloquy: The Supernatural History Series brings the spooky past to life in vintage style! Pre-wrapped in paper and string for gift-giving, each of these handmade packs includes a custom edition of a classic book, plus facsimile artifacts, a hand-stamped postcard and more. Choose from the Salem Witch Pack, the Hydesville Ghost Pack or the Geneva Vampire Pack.
- The Wrong Kind of Cheese: 57 Secrets for Organizing Your Small Business packs in 188 pages of my professional organizing advice (and goofy humor) for saving time, reducing stress, and increasing productivity. It's for overwhelmed (or aspiring) freelancers, self-employed snowflakes and small business leaders drowning in paper piles and sticky notes, emails and interruptions, social media burnout and writer's block.
- Narrative Priorities: has several small press comics and zines for sale, including the print edition of The Sockdolager, a quarterly magazine of short genre fiction, and of her collaborative webcomic, A Stray in the Woods. You can also find various other silkscreen prints, stickers and minicomics! Use the code "MEFI" to get 15% off on all items.
- Umami Dearest: Animal Cafes is a bilingual (English/Japanese) guidebook introducing the very best cat, rabbit and bird cafes throughout Japan, with unbiased reviews and lots of photos. http://animalcafes.com/book/
- Mike Mongo: Mike Mongo: The Astronaut Instruction Manual is the book for the space-loving young student in your life. Want to be most cool uncle, aunt, parents, grandparent, guardian, teacher, mentor or grown-up friend in the world? Then The AIM is the book to gift for you. Amazon. (Bonus: Mefi Projects for more background story!)
- ManInSuit: Sheila Heti (author, most recently, of How Should A Person Be) had the idea to collaborate with me on a book of everything I know. That book is The Chairs Are Where The People Go. It is about improvisation, municipal politics, how to teach a charades class, running conferences, feeling like a fraud, love, quitting smoking, and other things. [Amazon USA // Canada // UK] The New Yorker said: "A triumph of what might be called conversational philosophy... The world is better for these humane and hilarious essays."
- Lokheed: 3500: An Autistic Boy's Ten-Year Romance with Snow White is the inspiring true story of how a theme park attraction changed the lives of an autistic child and his family. Available in both print and digital, all proceeds go directly into the boy's Special Needs Trust. The book was listed on MefiProjects when it first came out.
- Scram: The Kept Girl is a fact-based mystery novel set in 1929 Los Angeles and starring the young Raymond Chandler, who is also celebrated in a new stocking-sized Art Deco map. Plus: a seasonal sale on gift certificates for Esotouric's offbeat L.A. bus tours, and back issues of Scram, a journal of unpopular culture.
- anothermug: Less, my short book about the habits and psychology of personal minimalism
T-Shirts, Mugs, Cafe Press-type Items
- Jezztek: Offers the Amorphia Family of geek friendly t-shirt shops including: Monsters of Grok - Band shirts for famous scientists and philosophers, Teach the Controversy - pro-science creationism parody designs, and The History League - hypothetical sports team logos from history.
- Confess, Fletch: I suppose a link would help: cafepress.com/confessfletch
- Soliloquy: Blanket My Baby at blanketmybaby.com sells baby blankets and cute animal lovies, embroidered with your baby's name. MeFites may use code MefiBaby10 for a 10% discount off any order over $20, and shipping is free with any order over $100.
- anonymisc: www.celestial.rocks offers super-detailed models of the Solar System (some assembly required). And stay tuned for more customization/personalization options coming soon too.
- bile and syntax: normakrautmeyer on Etsy. I make art postcards and zines. The postcards are collage and mixed media, printed via vistaprint. Zines are personal writing. I may be selling cat beds in the near future.
- turtlegirl: Vermont Natural Sheepskins is the first non-toxic source for sheepskin rugs in the US. Get one for your floor, your sofa, your bed, your baby's room, your weaving bench, or anywhere you want a little extra, cozy comfort. We also sell wool blankets and hand-dyed yarn. All products are Vermont-sourced and made in New England.
- mathiu: Fudepens.com is a webshop with exotic brush pens, the famous iroshizuku ink and mechanical pencils from 0,2 mm to the amazing Uni-Kuru Toga auto-rotating pencil - all from Japan. The shop might be most interesting for all non-Americans - since international shipping anywhere is free over 30€.
- cowlick: http://www.elainecl.com. We make high end (100% handmade) fashionable clothes for women. Our pieces are designed to be worn for sophisticated working women or for a casual evening. We have expanded our line to include high quality children's wear. Using the discount code HOLIDAY2015 will give an additional 25% off all orders.