This is my official website. If someone had made an unofficial website about me, I wouldn’t have gone to all this trouble to make this official website. But alas, no one did. I personally like the unofficial websites. They make the subject of the site seem more worthy. Whereas the official sites tend to be slick promotional tools for people to sell their wares and brag. I wish I had an unofficial website.
I dislike braggarts, with the exception of a few dear friends of mine who really can't help themselves. I'm also uncomfortable with self-promotion. In fact, I am a rather modest person, magnificently so!
So now, you're probably asking, “What’s the deal? Why is "Mister Modest" going to all this trouble to make his "official website"?” Good Question. I have answers!
1. I guess I like the idea that other composers can come here and see the gear I use and how I have my studio set up. We composers LOVE to talk about gear, and we love to keep an eye on what everyone else is using.
2. It’s a terrific way to let my mom know what projects I’m working on.
3. I also think this will be a good place to sell my CD’s and some swag we have so I can buy that Maserati Quattroporte I’ve had my eye on. Did I mention that I was modest and unassuming? Please feel free to purchase all you want.
4. This can be a good forum to answer the question, “Are you Jerry Goldsmith’s son?”.
5. I can also post some recent and/or unreleased compositions so that my fellow composers can listen to them and then talk smack about me! We composers LOVE to talk smack about other composers.
6. It also seems this will be a good place for a producer considering me for a project, to come and see behind the scenes and watch just what really goes on at my studio. (Probably NOT such a great idea).
Though this is sounding more and more like one of those promotional sites I despise, I am committed and determined to offer an informative and entertaining website. Your webmaster will be George. At times, (I will put my own two cents in, as I deem necessary. - J.G.). Also be warned, to me, sarcasm is a staple and I consider flights of fancy fair play...I wouldn’t want to bore you.
« Older They talk about conquest and speak in militaristic... | Tomorrow is remembrance day in... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments