Advertising Jingle Earworm Transmission Begins Now
May 5, 2012 7:37 PM Subscribe
posted by not_on_display (29 comments total)
30 users marked this as a favorite
houses a library of 1,515 songs from TV and Radio ads
, and that’s how my jingle earworm
attached. Pretty soon I’d discovered that Barry Manilow used to include a bit he called "Our VSM" (short for our "Very Strange Medley" of songs he’s composed for commercials)
in each of his concerts. (Weezer’s a big fan
. That’s where it struck me personally how insidously omnipresent
these songs were (and are). Pretty soon, the earworm took over
. So, I figure, what better way to get rid of a tune stuck in your head than to share it with the rest of the world? So, here goes — I am prepared for your curses. | "A" is for Apple, "J" is for Jacks • And They Call It... Charlie! • Break Me Off a Piece of that Kit Kat Bar ...
... • Bust a Nut
• C & H Pure Cane Sugar
• Cinnamon... Toast Crunch!
• Double Your Pleasure
• Eat some Peanut Butter, every time you can… But Only if it's Peter Pan
• Everyone Knows it's Slinky
• Extra Lasts An Extra Long Time
• Feelin' Seven Up
• Fever for the Flavor of a Pringle
• Five! Five Dollar!! Five Dollar Footlooooong!!!
• Free Credit Report (Dot Com)
• Give me back that Filet-o-Fish
(Love My Good 'n' Plenty
) • Got a Beer Called Blitz, Don't Need No More
• Head for the Mountains, of Busssssch, Beeer.
• Here Comes Wrangler
• Hershey: The Great American Chocolate Bar
• I ♥ NY
• I Feel Like Chicken Tonight
• I Wanna Pop! I Wanna Shhhhasta
• I want my Baby Back (Ribs)
• I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in Perfect Harmony
• I'd Love to Be an Oscar Mayer Wiener
• I'm a Chiquita Banana
• I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper
• I'm a Toys 'Я' Us Kid
• Juicy Fruit Is Gonna Move Ya
• Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy!
• Kids Like Kix For What Kix Has Got
• Let it be Löwenbräu
• Let's Hum a Few Bars of Nestle's Crunch
• Levi's: Haw Haw
• Libby's, Libby's, Libby's
• Lite Brite
• Longer with Big Red
• Maxwell House Percolater
• Maybe it's Maybelline
• Mentos: The Freshmaker
• My Beer is Rheingold, the Dry Beer
• My Bologna has a First Name (Oscar Meyer)
• My Kitty Cat Craves Crave
• Nabisco! (ding)
• Peek Freans Are a Very Serious Cookie
• Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh, What a Relief it is
• Reach Out and Touch Someone
• Riunite on Ice; Riunite—So Nice!
• The Rolling Stones... for Rice Krispies!
• Schaefer's is the Beer to Have (when you're having more than one)
• See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet
• Snap, Crackle, Pop!
• Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut; Sometimes You Don't.
• Soup is Good Food
• Stuck on Band-Aid (Reprise)
• Thank You For Coming to Loew's
• The Heartbeat of America
• The Wonder Of It All
• These are the Good Hours, the Time for Gansett
• Tootsie Rolls Are All I See
• Tum, tuh-tum tum TUMMMMS
• Watch it Glimmer, See it Shimmer
• We Do Chicken Right
• We Love The Subs
• We're the Men of Texaco
• What Would You Do-ooo-ooo For a Klondike Bar?
• When You Say Bud, You've Said It All
• Where'd the Cheese Go? (rejected Pizza Hut jingle by Ween)
• Wu-Tang Clan... for St. Ides!
• You Deserve a Break Today
• You don't say 'Ham', you say 'Spam'
• You Get the Maxx For the Minimum at T.J. Maxx
• Yum, Yum, Bumblebee Tuna
• Zestfully Clean
Please pile your own local or international favorites onto the thread. Examples: • Jumpin'! ... Bade Kaam Ki Masti! • Bernie and Phyl's: Quality, Comfort, and Price • The Spirit of Massachusetts is the Spirit of America • 1-800-54-GIANT • Astros Baseball: Who Says it's Only a Game?
• David Letterman unveils the jingles for his show in 1986, and reveals to Paul that all jingles come from Dallas
• Behind-the-scenes from Dallas: ‘Patty Cake’: A 1980’s session for ____ Bread
sausage Rainbow Bread is made
• A Radio Jingle Quartet
• Heart 106.2
• The String Section Makes Farting Noises
• At least I’m not as earworm-obsessed as this guy
• Canadian version of that guy