Stopping at Incense Storing Temple, Wang Wei (699-759)
- I did not know the incense storing temple,
- I walked a few miles into the clouded peaks.
- No man on the path between the ancient trees,
- A bell rang somewhere deep among the hills.
- A spring sounded choked, running down steep rocks,
- The green pines chilled the sunlight's coloured rays.
- Come dusk, at the bend of a deserted pool,
- Through meditation I controlled passion's dragon.
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments