"Best day at work ever."
June 16, 2013 10:26 AM Subscribe
posted by Punkey (20 comments total)
42 users marked this as a favorite
Motor Trend has put a considerable amount of effort and money into their YouTube presence (autoplay)
over the last year or so, and have pulled up a decent batting average for quality videos. However, one of their series stands head and shoulders above the rest: Roadkill (also autoplay)
. Starring Hot Rod Magazine's Editor in Chief David Freiburger and Staff Editor Mike Finnegan, Roadkill is a roughly 20 minute web series, typically posted the first Friday of every month, and is essentially two hot rod/muscle car guys taking on self-imposed amusingly bad ideas - such as throwing a dart at a map and trying to buy a car and drive home on only $1,500 - or occasionally chronicling the goings on at major Hot Rod Mag events like Hot Rod Drag Week
The show is almost entirely unscripted, and basically produced whenever Finnegan and Freiburger can spare a few days from working on the magazine. It heavily evokes the feel of early Top Gear adventure segments, except with a good deal more wrenching by the side of the road in the middle of the night. They're not afraid of failing or looking silly, and the go-for-it attitude and love of cars and the road shines through in every episode. A perfect way to spend an hour or two this Father's Day with your gearhead father - or just if you're a gearhead yourself.
1. El Paso To LA - The Hard Way!
2. Viva Ranchero! Alaska or Bust!
3. Cheap Truck Challenge!
4. Extreme Elco Engine Swap!
5. Rat Rod vs. Lamborghini Aventador!
6. Thrash Battle! Van vs. Wagon
7. Release the Draguar! Building a Blown Jaguar Rat Rod
8. 426 Hemi in a '55 Chevy!
9. Surviving Hot Rod Drag Week!
10. 727 Cubic Inches and Australian Tire Smoke!
11. Junkyard 'Cuda Rescue, With Nitrous Oxide!
12. Chevy vs. Ford Cop Car Thrash Battle!
13. The Ranchero Returns! Alaska or Bust: The Sequel
14. The Ranchero Returns Part 2! Alaska or Bust: The Sequel
15. Rat Rod Jeep Death-Wish Trip!
16. Leaf-Blower Supercharging a 1978 Chevrolet Monza Spyder!