"Maria Ridulph was 7 when she was kidnapped from a street corner in Sycamore, Illinois, on December 3, 1957. Her kidnapping and murder is the nation's oldest cold case to go to trial. It required family members to turn against one of their own and haunted a small town for 55 years. Even now, the case may not be over." CNN: Taken: The Coldest Case Ever Solved Chapters (This is a special report divided into six sections)
1) A child vanishes.(Linked above.)
2) A trail of women wronged: "He left Sycamore to become a soldier, then a cop. "My DNA is protector," Jack McCullough says. But some women who crossed his path see him as a sexual predator."
3) Bulldogs on the Case: "It's not every day the cops get a tip about a 1957 murder based on something a dying mother said. Tony Rapacz knew this wasn't a whodunit. It was a canweproveit."
4) "That's Him": "Her mother told her: "Remember his face." Half a century later, Kathy Sigman Chapman nailed the man she believes snatched her best friend."
5) The Whole Truth?: "A 55-year-old murder mystery is solved. But was there justice for all?