git-rebase - Forward-port local commits to the updated upstream head
git rebase -i
"Stupid before_save callback is broken in the billing model. Screw it. Im going home"
"Why the fuck are all of the fucking params nil in the fucking activity controller"
"Cleanup in aisle Person.rb:534 -- bring a fucking mop"
"View works but is unfit for human eyes"
"Suck it haters -- IT WORKS -- even a broken clock is right twice a day"
FEATURE: Allow users to associate Carrier Systems with Carrier Accounts
The "ah-hah!" moment for me was understanding that branches are homeomorphic endofunctors mapping submanifolds of a Hilbert space.
Are there people who actually use git entirely from the command line?
The last thing I need is a version control system that adds complexity to my life.
A repository is a directed acyclic graph where each node contains a complete copy of all of the project's files at a given point in time as well as some metadata. A node in this graph is called a commit, and is assigned a unique identifier. Edges in the graph point from a commit to one or more parent commits. Tags and branches are ways of associating a human-friendly name with a reference to a commit. A tag is static and always refers to a given commit, whereas a branch (or "branch head") is automatically adjusted when a new commit is added such that it always refers to the "tip" of a given line of development. (As a convenience to the user, a log of these adjustments over time is maintained, called the reflog.) A reference to the parent commit of the current working tree is called HEAD. A special staging area that holds what will become the next commit is called the index. Whole files or portions of files can be copied from the working tree to the index (and vice versa) giving the user fine grained control over what changes are to be part of the next commit. The repository is garbage-collected at regular intervals, and any commits unreachable through branches or tags (and their ancestors) are deleted.
git log --graph --pretty="format:%h %cn - %s %d (%cr)"
git log --graph --oneline
* 7a83d2d Michal Migurski - Crosshack is over now (HEAD, origin/gh-pages, origin/HEAD, gh-pages) (14 hours ago)
* 4b3d361 Michal Migurski - Getting the Sutro GIF to fill the screen (14 hours ago)
* a01dbc4 migurski - Updated words (20 hours ago)
* 9104ff3 migurski - Merge pull request #12 from prestonrhea/gh-pages (20 hours ago)
| * 017c651 Preston Rhea - Changed redirect to sutro-spin (21 hours ago)
* | 5393267 migurski - Merge pull request #11 from prestonrhea/patch-1 (20 hours ago)
| * 0e91ebc Preston Rhea - Updated sutro-spin.html with faster redirect time (20 hours ago)
| * 727464c Preston Rhea - Change sutro-spin.html redirect to 30 seconds (21 hours ago)
| * 0a164ac Preston Rhea - Create sutro-spin.html (21 hours ago)
* 206828a Michal Migurski - Actual number of seconds (25 hours ago)
* 6414927 Sam - Use the embedable version of the youtube video. (26 hours ago)
* 144f461 migurski - URL should not be in quotes. (26 hours ago)
* 8a65511 migurski - Need to link to the local frame, not the remote site. (26 hours ago)
* cff1a3c migurski - Merge pull request #9 from ainsleywagon/patch-2 (26 hours ago)
| * 571a709 Ainsley - updating justabill.html (26 hours ago)
| * cdffc66 Ainsley Wagoner - Added .html to the end of crosshack02 file (26 hours ago)
| * 18c643b Ainsley Wagoner - Adding just a bill slide (26 hours ago)
| * 29f0843 Ainsley - Editing to route to Just a Bill screen next (26 hours ago)
* 6378872 Anna-Marie - Merge pull request #8 from ainsleywagon/patch-1 (27 hours ago)
« Older The 2014 Goldman Environmental Prize winners were ... | James Nielsen has run the worl... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt