* Sent cockroaches up to see how microgravity would affect their growth at various stages of their life cycle
* Studied a "space rose" to see what kinds of essential oils it would produce in weightless environment. (in a triumph of technology transfer, this was later developed into a perfume).
* At the suggestion of elementary school children, monitored everyday objects such as soap, crayons, and string to see whether their inertial mass would change in a weightless environment. Preliminary results suggest that Newton was right.
* Monitored the growth of fish eggs and rice plants in space (orbital sushi?)
* Tested new space appliances, including a space camcorder and space freezer
* Checked to see whether melatonin would make the crew sleepy (it did not)
« Older The Nicholas Roerich Museum... | The Promise and Perils of Synt... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt