Pick your poison..
April 10, 2010 2:47 AM Subscribe
A 34 year old man
posted by Dillonlikescookies (166 comments total)
103 users marked this as a favorite
took some pills from his roommate, thinking they were Valium®. Turns out they were diabetes medication; the patient is now comatose and having seizures because his blood sugar is so low. A grandparent called
because she gave her grandson his heart medication approximately 90 minutes too soon. He is supposed to get it every 12 hours.A caller ate a sandwich
with lunchmeat and only after eating it, realized the meat expired 7 months ago.A mom called
because she accidentally gave her 2 year old 5ml of liquid methadone, having mistaken it for ibuprofen suspension.
All this in a day in the life
of the Illinois Poison Center
To draw attention to the good work they do at the IPC, They decided to blog a short summary of the calls they received over a 24-hour period.
The results range from the banal, to the heartwarming,to the reckless,cluessless, or just plain luck-less every day adventures of our medicated society.
, is also worthy of a read, though you will no doubt notice they are on a funding drive at the moment, there are some good articles in there.
Found via Wired's Geekdad