Here's a list of MeFites who have stuff they make and sell online. If you're shopping anyway, check out the stuff your fellow MeFites have available. If you're a MetaFilter member with stuff for sale, you can submit your shop. There's more info in MetaTalk.
Photography, Prints and Calendars
- komara: I'm a photographer whose work is concentrated on (but not limited to) New Orleans and I recently produced a book of photos which can be yours for $20. You can see more examples of my New Orleans-specific photos on Exposure to give you some idea what's inside.
- dirtdirt: Dirtdirt at Etsy - art and illustrations. Say "Butts lol" and enjoy a free gift with purchase!
- Grimp0teuthis: I am a NYC-based film photographer offering traditional black & white darkroom prints and Boardwalk Kids, a zine about Coney Island and its inhabitants. Please contact me at victorcohen at gmail dot com for darkroom prints. I can provide up to 8x10" image size for USD $50 plus shipping. Discounts available for multiple prints. Boardwalk Kids can be purchased from my shop directly.
- mygothlaundry: Hi! This is my travel blog and it is CHOCK FULL OF AMAZING LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHY that you can own for a mere pittance. Archival prints, suitable for framing, in your choice of size can be hand printed in Colorado and mailed to you OR, I have a variety of pre printed images that I can just up and mail. Shipping included! $50 for a 9" x 12" print $60 for 12" x 16" $75 for 16" x 20"
- Crystalinne: Print With Love on Etsy! Beautiful prints and special limited edition hand painted coffin jewelry boxes with FREE U.S. domestic shipping on everything! Gift wrap add ons available! Unique art including pop culture cuteness, spooky skulls and bats, tattoo style art, and more! I'd love to send you something special! Shop now at PrintWithLove.com
- dreamling: Talewind Ink Original Linoprints (handprinted), Zines, and Artist editions (sketched/signed) books. Use code MEFI for 25% off! Also, every order will receive a bonus tiny postcard sized Raven and Pomegranate linoprint. Prints, Mugs, Skirts and more available at my Redbubble store. Books available in non Artist editions: About Face - a year of diverse portraits (New for 2017!) Tribute Waters Vol 1 - A Nautical Fantasy Adventure (Graphic Novel) print | digital
- loquacious: Thee Seldon Crisis Deep, dreamy and musical ambient noises recorded over the summer of 2013, created from found sounds and inspired by reading too much science fiction.
- chococat: Several albums worth of recent and not-so-recent recordings. It's delicious, homemade, independent basement pop just waiting for you at fromabasement.com. Send as a gift or enjoy for yourself! Don't forget to enter the discount code "mefi" on the Bandcamp site to get 10% off anything! (Also on iTunes, Amazon and most other places you can think of.)
- motty: Fit and the Conniptions were easily the third or fourth best bass / viola / drums trio in London. Then someone gave the viola player a tenor banjo, and now we can't get it off him. A new album, Old Blue Witch, was released earlier this year.
- velebita: Hi, I’m an illustrator working in Chicago and I’d like to draw your cat, dog, chicken, beloved houseplant, or that cool pile of bones you found in the woods. You can see my work and get more details here at Cats Against Oligarchy. I started this project to pay for bus tickets to the Women's March, and in that spirit I donate 10% of every purchase to the Midwest Access Coalition. Note that the constraints of time mean supplies are limited (that is, I can probably get in about twelve orders before Christmas)!
- brainwane: Hi, I'm Sumana Harihareswara and I run Changeset Consulting, providing short-term project management and related services for free/open source software projects. Give a gift to a friend who runs a hobby software project -- buy a few hours of my time and I'll rewrite documentation, clean out the bug tracker, respond to pull requests, or otherwise lighten their load. Say you're a MeFite and I'll knock the price down. (Free initial consultations available to anyone.)
- amanda: I'm the owner of PDX Additions, LLC, and I'm running a $99 home consultation gift certificate special just for the month of December for Portland, Oregon, metro area homeowners. A great gift for anyone (or yourself) who has been contemplating making changes to their home but needs more information or a better idea of how to start. My blog post has all the info plus how to buy and you can read more on my website to see what I do.
Etsy, Crafts and Jewelry
- robocop is bleeding: The Corey Press - Hand carved madness from Salem, MA. Medieval UFO abductions, occult conspiracies, and Lovecraftian nightmares all inked and pressed to wood. Etsy | Threadless | Website
- picea: I've got two venues for selling my wares. Firstly, my etsy store has some of my hand-made ceramics for sale. I have been making some fun pet bowls, mugs and cake stands. Secondly, my Threadless Artist Shop has a few t-shirt designs, including one featuring the popular microbeast, the tardigrade!
- YoungAmerican: The Put This On Shop sells handmade men's accessories and vintage gifts. We make pocket squares and scarves from vintage and antique fabrics, and have a huge selection of vintage men's jewelry, home accent items, pins, knives, books, bags, scarves and more. Special, charming, magical things for yourself or as a gift. You can use METAFILTER for 20% off.
- Wossname: Gridworks. Vinyl decals, stamps, mini prints, leatherwork, cosplay/ren faire gear, D&D accessories, cat toys - whatever strikes my fancy. My Inktober birds and reverse mermaid stickers/prints are especially popular. Put MEFIMALL in the order comments for a free random mini-print from my batch of experiments.
- congen: The Shattered Mirror on Etsy. Original art, prints, and cards drawn during pro- and post- dromal migraine attack phases to express and recover from these altered neurological states. MEFITELOVE for 10% off.
- hgws: Large Latte - Knitwear for your iPhone! Hand knitted, warm cosy luxury for your iPhone to hang out in, featuring iconic designs from the early days of the Apple Macintosh. Use shop coupon MEFIMALL for $5 (AUD) off your purchase.
- d13t_p3ps1: Brain Basket Designs I make wire wrap jewelry with a wide variety of crystals and minerals, with a focus on pendants and necklaces. Use the coupon code METAFILTER to get 10% off your purchase!
- jenjenc: I make hand-cut ornaments out of beautiful hardwood on my scroll saw. I have lots of options for both people and pets! You pick the shape, the wood, the name/year, and on many of them, the color of rhinestone crystal embellishment. New this year, you can order directly from my website, Moonchildwoodcraft.com. Click on the red banner to shop, and enter the code "Metafilter" at checkout to save $5 on your order over $15.
- Lapin: Lapin: I have an Etsy store - Miasma Designs where I sell quirky/eclectic/fantasy/techie polymer clay jewelry. 10% off for Mefites with MEFIMALL
- coevals: Little Wolf Press is an Etsy shop, with digital prints, greeting cards, and original paintings. Thank you for checking it out.
- anastasiav: Nothing says the holidays like candles! I sell an assortment of hand-decorated, fully-burnable pillar candles, mainly sourced from vintage postcards and greeting cards. I can also turn your photograph, or other treasured image into a special keepsake. (You must provide the image.) I will make you a Metafilter-themed candle on request (proofs are always sent on custom work prior to purchase).
- hilatron: My store is Crafty Robot - featuring accessories and housewares that reflect my love of vintage materials, mixed genres, and MONSTERS (in the form of Christmas stockings with claws)!
Books, Magazines and Zines
- veggieboy: "How to Instant Pot" is a new cookbook with more than 100 recipes. It's also your complete guide to the Instant Pot, the popular and occasionally puzzling multi-cooker appliance.
- aniola: Chocolatology: Chocolate's Fantastical Lore, Bittersweet History, & Delicious (Vegan) Recipes - Where does chocolate come from? What is it good for? What scientific studies (reputable and otherwise) have been done on it? And how do you incorporate it into every meal of the day and then some? Chocolatology is available now direct from the publisher, and the price is sliding scale! Find more recipes, chocolate lore, and errata at our blog, chocolatologists.wordpress.com.
- Thisandthat: Cooking for Climbers is a cookbook for climbers (and other fans of the outdoors) who love to eat well. It is filled with simply great campsite recipes, campfire desserts, and pre-baked snacks for days in the outdoors. The recipes are handpicked by for their tastiness, illustrated for fun, printed on water-resistant cards, and held together by accessory cord with an extra safe figure-8 knot.
- JHarris: I sell ebooks of my game writing on itch.io. They're on Amazon too: @Play - Somebody Set Up Us The Rom
- yankeefog: My first children's book is the story of a smart and snarky 12-year-old girl who discovers a strange magical world beneath London, and must rescue her mother from monsters who work for the Royal Mail. Kirkus said it was "a rollicking adventure with a lulu of an ending" and Booklist called it "a wild ride that's fun, freaky, outlandish, and suspenseful." In the US , it's called Hyacinth And The Secrets Beneath. In the UK, it's called The City of Secret Rivers.
- Mchelly: The Norma Gene - In the near future, human cloning has become commonplace, and celebrity cloning is the latest fad. A fast, funny take on authenticity, superficiality, and what would happen if Abraham Lincoln and Marilyn Monroe finally had the chance to get it on. Finalist in 2016 Best Book Awards for Science Fiction Amazon Link. Barnes and Noble. SPD.
- obloquy: The Supernatural History Series brings the spooky past to life in vintage style! Pre-wrapped in paper and string for gift-giving, each of these handmade packs includes a custom edition of a classic book, plus facsimile artifacts, a hand-stamped postcard and more. Choose from the Salem Witch Pack, the Hydesville Ghost Pack or the Geneva Vampire Pack.
- ManInSuit: Sheila Heti (author, most recently, of How Should A Person Be) had the idea to collaborate with me on a book of everything I know. That book is The Chairs Are Where The People Go. It is about improvisation, municipal politics, how to teach a charades class, running conferences, feeling like a fraud, love, quitting smoking, and other things. [Amazon USA // Canada // UK] The New Yorker said: "A triumph of what might be called conversational philosophy... The world is better for these humane and hilarious essays."
- drinkmaildave: I'm a recovering software engineer in Victoria, BC, who has just released my third novel, along with successfully writing the first draft of my fifth during last months NaNoWriMo! Three great books available in e-book format or print on demand from CreateSpace! http://davegoossen.com
- Mike Mongo: The Astronaut Instruction Manual. A fully-functioning children's book for the kind of awesome 8-12 year olds who have been awaiting permission to live, work, and play in space–as Earth's next generation of astronaut space explorers. As seen on Metafilter. Soon to be television series. This year available as audiobook.
- cortex: I'm selling original oil paintings! Menger sponges galore, but also other geometric/color projects and the occasional still life or portrait. (Sorry, no prints at this point.) Let me know you're a MeFite, I'll knock 10% off.
- D.Billy: I have a few kinda-funny artsy-designy things available: “New York Art Teams” T-SHIRTS ... “Rock Paper Scissors” BUTTONS ... COLLAGES made from comics & kids books ... PHOTO PRINTS of STREET ART THINGIES ... or you could commission a custom DRAWING or LOGO for someone! MeMail or email for pricing, with a 10% discount for MeFites!
- CommonSense: I'm the sole owner of CapitolMac, one of the ever-shrinking number of (grandfathered-in) independent Apple stores in the US. We sell and service the same products the Apple Store does, but without the zoo-like atmosphere and mall location. We also do professional onsite IT support for home users and businesses alike. Located in Richmond, Baltimore, and Williamsburg, VA (USA).
- turtlegirl: Vermont Natural Sheepskins is the first non-toxic source for sheepskin rugs in the US. Get one for your floor, your sofa, your bed, your baby's room, your weaving bench, or anywhere you want a little extra, cozy comfort. We also sell wool blankets and hand-dyed yarn. All products are Vermont-sourced and made in New England.