Demolition Man got it wrong.
March 8, 2011 8:45 AM Subscribe
posted by 2bucksplus (167 comments total)
4 users marked this as a favorite
Subway has surpassed McDonald's
as the world's largest restaurant chain.
The Wall Street Journal attributes some of the sandwich maker's success to their willingness to open outlets in unusual locations
• A Goodwill store in South Carolina (as part of Goodwill's Food Service Training Program
• A high school in Detroit (a/k/a Subway University, a program that provides students with college credit
• A church in Buffalo, New York (featured on an episode of "Undercover Boss"
• Within the U.S. Navel Base, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
• On a riverboat in Germany
The majority of Subway's 34,218 outlets are in the U.S., but the chain is poised for tremendous international growth,
opening 1,000-2,000 restaurants per year, half overseas. The chain expects its international locations to outnumber its domestic outlets by 2020, and considers 8,000 of its current outlets to be in unusual locations