Join 3,494 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Wait for it...
May 10, 2011 4:55 PM   Subscribe

The Slow Mo Guys mix beautiful captures of life in slow motion with the sensibilities of Jackass and Beavis and Butthead. Best viewed fullscreen at high resolution. [ Intro/Interview Smashing Disposable Cigarette Lighters Hammer thrown through a television the Coin Challenge "Eggy-weggs? I wanna smash em!" Skeet shooting at clay discuses, apples, and oranges Air Pistol vs. Soda Can The Front Flip, the Back Flip, and the Double Superman Red Kites Swoop for Bacon in a Parking Lot [previously] 0.6 seconds of colored droplets in two minutes Shoot out the lights! ]
posted by not_on_display (9 comments total) 25 users marked this as a favorite

Neat, thanks.
posted by Gator at 5:06 PM on May 10, 2011

This is awesome.
posted by inigo2 at 6:11 PM on May 10, 2011

Dude. If anyone finds this and looks at no other, check out the "red kites" link above, at about 1:22. You can see the upper surfaces of the kite's body stall (i.e. lose lift).
posted by notsnot at 7:17 PM on May 10, 2011

I think I forgot to link to this one: they try to burst a 6-foot water balloon; it's harder than it looks.
posted by not_on_display at 7:57 PM on May 10, 2011

I saw one where they had a giant water ballon (like 100 gallons or something). That was pretty epic.
posted by delmoi at 7:57 PM on May 10, 2011

The skeet shooting guy is THE suavest dude on the internet. The tie, the vest, the cap - the smooth shooting action - the pop up cartridge - I totally want to be that guy!
posted by helmutdog at 7:59 PM on May 10, 2011 [1 favorite]

This is cool, thanks. Slow mo is used for fun far too little.
posted by frwagon at 8:44 PM on May 10, 2011 [1 favorite]

These are terrific.
posted by CitrusFreak12 at 9:30 PM on May 10, 2011

I tried to Benny Hillify these but for some reason it ain't working. Sad face.
posted by that's candlepin at 9:36 AM on May 11, 2011

« Older From the pop of "Nursey, Nursey" to the pomp of "E...  |  Lady Gaga will debut songs fro... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments